News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 54
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The award of two MVKs to one soldier was also common during WW1, but not often to find these documents. Here is such a group for a Gefreiter and later Vizefeldwebel of the Bavarian 21. IR. He served in this unit the whole war. Unfortunaltelly I have no further documents of him.

It seems that some soldiers lost their documents and tried to get an affirmation of the award. Here are two of this affirmation: one is official copy ("Abschrift") and the other one refers to the military papers/pass that he really get the MVK.

Regards

Rudi

Amazing documents. I like especially the one´s for Jäger. Here is one for a Fahnenjunker-Unteroffizier of the 1. Jägerregiment.

Thats fantastic!

I have an interesting document somewhere, it was the original vorschlag that went up top the brigade with the approval for one guys award, and turning down another guys... the guy whose award was approved was in the Stab, and kept the vorschlag... quite unique... I must dig it out...

A further award of an MVK 3a but to a Prussian Oberjäger. Units were not mentioned on the documents in the second half of the war. So we can just guess in which he served (maybe Reserve-Jägerbataillon 10 or 14?).

Someone wrote "MGK" (=Maschinen-Gewehr-Kompanie) on it at the upper right corner with a pencil.

Edited by Bavaria

• 3 weeks later...
    • 10 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris some nice docs there, thanks.

Here is an Alpenkorps one for you.

Interesting guy IR21 at Apremont and Bois Brule, then after a spell in hospital to Schneeschule Ers Abt

Munchen at the end of Mar 1915.

At the end of May 1915 he is in the field with 4th Schneeschule Batl.

Eventually he ends up in Gebirgs Funker Truppe 3 with a rank that is a new one on me "Tragetier Fuhrer"

Unfortunately some Doughnut has punched holes in it, but still interesting.

Regards

Pete.

I've seen "Tragetier Fuhrer" a few times when reading about Gebirgstruppe. Pack animal guide.

Tried to "win" an auction on a sterbebild to a "Tragetier Fuhrer" awhile ago, but the price went to 4 times what I'm willing to pay for a sterbebild.

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...