News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fakes: quality (slowly and not expertly) is on the raise

JapanX

• Replies 436
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello All,

Accompanied the topic, I remembered a medal rarely seen at auction. It is possible that there selling copies (fakes) of this medal?

Commemorative Medal of Victory of 1918

It was established in November 1918 to commemorate the Allied victory. According to A. Laslo, its largest distribution is in Beijing, November 28, 1918, in a ceremony commemorating the armistice. Assigned to a very limited number of officials, soldiers and civilians, foreigners or Chinese (members legations), is one of the rarest medals on this subject.

ecrina.jpeg

Regards

Lambert

Edited by lambert

...It is possible that there selling copies (fakes) of this medal?

Hi Lambert,

personally I've never seen fakes or copies of this rare medal.

Although they may exist somewhere, since there are tones of low quality (made in "rusted" metal and terribly painted) chinese fakes.

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks Nick

I think a copy of this medal would only be possible even in the asian market ... but being a rare item, it is very important to know more about her, not to be fooled by some dishonest dealer ..

Until then I only managed three images of this medal, I can not find elsewhere. Can anyone translate what is written in it?

commemorative1aa.jpegcommemorative1b.jpeg

Regards

Lambert

• 2 weeks later...