News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OPWs for bread/grain production

I just got a weird one that nobody has ever seen before. An OPW2 for working in bread production. sorry, I can't post it but just a generic form letter. A very reliable source told me that OPWs were awarded for grain production till the 50s. Anyone know why OPWs for this? Nick? Marshall Aukeov? Somebody that actually reads my posts?lol

I know that supporting the war effort was viewed as being equally important to being in battle. Perhaps this is the case?

Edited by Aurelius

I've read about this in a book I purchased when I was younger (very small article), I'll try to dig it out of my attic and send you a copy of the page Norm.

Just double check to make sure, but depending on the citation and merits for the action I don't see why bread production wouldn't be the case for an OPW, I mean when you look at the situation on some fronts, bread is more valuable than guns. :D

Thanks fellas.

That sure would be great Igor if there was any further info that you can provide.

Paul, I would like to post it (even though I'm lazy to have to take pics) but the serial number ties it to the research. Was asked not to post it. I know, i know it sucks but that is how the research game goes. Sorry man.