News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Strange 1914 EK1.....

After seeing David Gregorys Military merit cross 1st class of Mecklenburg-Schwerin in the the "keyback"variation,I would like to show you this EK1.unfortunately the plate is missing! It belongs to the collection of a friend of mine.To the hardware-the EK is the variation with the blued sheet metal core(variation with the silvercontent stamp at the back/the "Silber" stamped ones have sa different crown).I have never seen a good one of these variation(forget the junk from Caarlos and HD Luder/Egliderider at Ebay!) From the pics it looks like the attatchment system was there for ever...what do you think?

Micha

I've seen it,too.....but when I remember right it was from "Caarlos",one of the typical suspects when it comes to

"new variations".But it could have been also "HD Luder" alias "E-Gliderider"-this guys are buying 2nd class EKs and converting them into all these funny screw and pinback ones you can see at Ebay!

Micha

In addition to his 1813 EK1, we see this guy - "E-Gliderider" - offering the age old combination of 9th Bead Fake 1870 EK2, non-serif 25 yr oaks, and Joh Wagner & Sohn WHSpange on a single ribbon.

If ever there was an ensemble to avoid like the plague, this is it folks...

Please don't waste your money on another one of these combo's...

[attachmentid=63594]

Edited by Biro

• 3 months later...