News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lieutenant Vladimir Sidorovich Pokusov

But . . . just a hint . . . his photo from his document for his (missing) bravery medal (#5958, 1939).

That would a special medal to have. I dont think that I have ever seen one with a number so low.

Another great grouping, Ed. I look forward to the day when Labor orders can be proficiently researched.

Paul

No reason (or is there?) to show the document for his jubilee OPW 2 (#3507387).

Before moving on to selections from familiar documents (interesting, perhaps, only for the stamps and scribbled notations above the signatures?), let me show two documents I don't know.

First:

Guest Rick Research

I'm surprised the Valor Medal is that early. From the number I'd expected a 1940 Finnish war one. But privileges started 1 December 1939, so it was bestowed in November 1939. Medals Book filled out on 3 March 1940.

Unless you can make out something else, what I see in the wear and rubbing of his Valor Medal book photo is-- he was a plain, ordinary private then.

Orders Book for the Red Star starts privileges August 1944, so it's from July. Filled out 1(5?8?) October 1946.

OBH awarded 20 April 1971 (there was a big wave of awards then), book filled out on 16.9.71.

Posts #s 13-14 are VERY interesting indeed! It LOOKS like an award book, but what it is is one of the usually large, flimsy, brightly colored sheet "citations," in this case contratulatory text of decree of Stalin & Tolbukhin for him (Lieutenant with 2 stars rank, only "Feldpost" unit number on the stamp) as a participant in breaking the enemy defenses on the west bank of the River Duna, having crossed the Danube and Drava, advancing the 3rd Ukrainian Front 150 KM. Never seen this format for one of those before! :cheers:

#s 15-16 is the privileges book accompanying an Orders Book, stamped "not renewed for use," since the actual perks were soon done away with by the masses of awards handed out by war's end. Any coupons not removed were never used. These usually got thrown away as useless afterwards!

Now show us the campaign medals paperwork with (hopefully) his ranks and the Actual Real Units on the stamps!!!!!

20 GPW.

Wherever he was, it will soon become evident that there were SEVERE post-war shortages of ink for their stamp pads. Obvious capitalist plotting.

There IS a stamp there, but illegible in real life and unredeemable even by scan-tweaking.

Guest Rick Research

VoG 19 May 1946 as Senior Lieutenant, issued by stampless Leninsky Raion Veterans Commissariat of the city of Kiev, signed scribble, LtCol. Stamp on back authorizes military 1975 jubilee, proven as holder of the VoG.

1965 same but a different Lt Col, quite late-- 22 February 1971 !!!!!!!!!

What the!... :Cat-Scratch:

Same again for 1975-- but issued 8 February... 1979 !!!!