News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

QUESTION: Eugene Rabkin

Has anyone had contact with Eugene ("Russian Glory") recently? Several (+) e-mails have gone unanswered. Thanks.

Dear Ed,

Eugene is also a rather busy (and successful) professor for metallurgy (or something like that): http://materials.technion.ac.il/rabkin.html .

Maybe he is involved in the moment in a very time-consuming scientific project, where he has no clear mind to answer mails with phaleristic content :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: Since our common days at Art's "other Soviet forum", where I had been insulted frequently (and in a very bad manner :angry: ) by Prof. Rabkin in the forum, I had no contact to this person.

Dear Ed,

Eugene is also a rather busy (and successful) professor for metallurgy (or something like that): http://materials.technion.ac.il/rabkin.html .

Maybe he is involved in the moment in a very time-consuming scientific project, where he has no clear mind to answer mails with phaleristic content :unsure: ?

Christian

BTW: Since our common days at Art's "other Soviet forum", where I had been insulted frequently (and in a very bad manner :angry: ) by Prof. Rabkin in the forum, I had no contact to this person.

Christian,

That's not him, you've got him confused with another Eugene.

I know him in person and he looks nothing like the guy in your link :)

And he's not a Professor and does not live in Russia.

William

Maybe he's changed identity to avoid the russian medal watchdogs. And with some reason too! He he! :rolleyes:

Jim :cheers:

Christian,

William

Gentlemen,

for more than 5 years I thought, that "our" Eugene Rabkin might be the - more or less famous - professor Rabkin :blush: .

Eugene & Rabkin are two rare names - specially in that combination ... :rolleyes:

How does the "phaleristic" non-professor Rabkin look like - any pics in the www :unsure: ?

Christian

Gentlemen,

for more than 5 years I thought, that "our" Eugene Rabkin might be the - more or less famous - professor Rabkin :blush: .

Eugene & Rabkin are two rare names - specially in that combination ... :rolleyes:

How does the "phaleristic" non-professor Rabkin look like - any pics in the www :unsure: ?

Christian

Christian,

You are kidding, right? You could have not seriously thought this was the same person??? :jumping:

Actually when I think about it more - our Eugene is sort of a Professor - in Russian / Soviet awards :) His knowledge and expertise in the field is unique.

William

Christian,

You are kidding, right? You could have not seriously thought this was the same person??? :jumping:

Actually when I think about it more - our Eugene is sort of a Professor - in Russian / Soviet awards :) His knowledge and expertise in the field is unique.

William

Dear William,

I am not kidding, because I really thought, that this nasty guy, who frequently insulted me - and other collectors of Soviet awards - in the worst manner & style you can imagine, might be that professor :jumping: .

No doubt: Eugene Rabkin is an expert and he offers - as a I noted several times at GMIC - good items for very favourable prices. But his communication - five years ago - towards other collectors at the "other" Soviet forum had been extraordinarly bad & disgusthing :angry: . (Just read his commentaries to my postings as "CZ" and "banned" at the "other" Soviet forum :speechless1: . )

Christian

While we really should ignore stuff from Other Fora, some problems persist. Nice to be among (mostly) gentlemen here.

Dear Ed,

I am convinced, that we all (at the communist section of GMIC) are 100 % gentlemen and most of us have a genuine "democratic" attiutude towards history :D .

But - as you mentioned - some problems persist :mad: . AND we can not ignore the "history" of communication of certain prominent experts & dealers in the field of Soviet & Mongolian awards .... :rolleyes:

Eugene Rabkin is a member of GMIC http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showuser=857 . That's fine :D . AND it would be very fine, if Mr. Rabkin would adopt his style & manners in communication to GMIC - we are gentlemen :D .

Just my few cents to the "Rabkin-issue" ...

Christian

Christian,

I'm not sure what you refer to and what happened between you and Eugene, but I know him personally for more than 5 years and he's nowhere near the person that you portray.

I can assure you he's quite a gentleman and person who keeps his promises. From my dealings with him - he's not that much after making quick buck (as compared to other dealers), but rather after studuing ad preserving history. Most of my Soviet items would not be in my collection if not for Eugene.

There are numerous collectors out there who can support my statements and provide their own in Eugene's defense.

William

Dear William,

either there is another "Eugene Rabkin" around in the Soviet collectors community, or the same person changed his behaviour towards mankind dramatically ;) .

No doubt, the items Eugene offers are 1st class in terms of quality & asked price - an aspect, I always noted here at GMIC (not refering to the personal problems, I - or other members - have with him!).

Christian

BTW: You can still read all the nasty postings of "Eugene" at the "other" Soviet forum ... :mad:

Christian,

I'm not sure what you refer to and what happened between you and Eugene, but I know him personally for more than 5 years and he's nowhere near the person that you portray.

I can assure you he's quite a gentleman and person who keeps his promises. From my dealings with him - he's not that much after making quick buck (as compared to other dealers), but rather after studuing ad preserving history. Most of my Soviet items would not be in my collection if not for Eugene.

There are numerous collectors out there who can support my statements and provide their own in Eugene's defense.

William

Recent update at "Russian Glory"

Gentlemen,

two days ago, Eugene made new additions to his dealer's website - as usual: good items at favourable prices :D .

That means, that Eugene Rabkin is somehow back in business and should answer requests via mail ... :rolleyes:

Christian

Dear Christian,

As always, where you are, there are lies, exaggerations, and insults. Why I am not surprised?

I never insulted any members of the collectors? community. You will never produce a single name.

If my replies to you were not gentle, it?s because you were the one who started insults. I always try to resolve any issues in peaceful manner but there is limit to anybodies patience. You like to push those limits.

When the ?another? forum has started I was invited to share my knowledge and expertise.

You insulted my intelligence, stated that awards from my personal collection were fakes. Even so other experts including Paul McDaniel found them original.

When I tried to share facts regarding Soviet awards, your replies were ?I don?t believe that?. ?It?s not true?, ?It can?t be?. You never had an intelligent argument. I realized that it?s better to ignore you than to waste time on such ignorant person. You were a single guy who tried to mess a constructive discussing.

When I ignored you, you insulted other members and moderators of the forum. Wasn?t it the reason why you were banned from the forum? Why are you trying to give me all your credits?

Prior to coming to ?another? forum, you made mess on the forum of German awards. The members of that forum shared this information. It?s already two forums were you were not welcome!

BTW, there were delays on several shipments of the medals on my part. I?ve already straightened it out or trying to resolve it. I failed to reply in timely matter and a couple of my customers were concern but no ?nasty postings? as you mentioned. It?s another of your lies.

Regarding ?we all are 100 % gentlemen?, the word ?gentleman? is not associated with your name in my humble opinion.

I WOULD STRONLY APPRECIATE IF NEVER EVER MENTION MY NAME AGAIN OR DO ANY REFERALS TO MY NAME!!!

For the record, Eugene has already contacted me. I look forward to posting the goodies when they're in hand.

We all know that "things" happen.

Let us, however, please, try to leave squabbles from other fora out of our discussions here. Please.

Gentlemen,

as I already stated at post #8 http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=216745 in this thread, everybody can build up his own verdict by reading Herrn Rabkins commentaries to my postings at the "other" Soviet forum http://www.soviet-awards.com/forum/index.php? , where Prof. Ed Haynes and other experts of our collectors community are banned for lifetime - also due to the "support" of Herrn Rabkin :angry: .

Herr Rabkin tells you, that I am an uneducated idiot. O.K., that's his private opinion :D . I am asking you, why is it possible, that such a humble & primitive creature like me is the leader - 33 victories - in Christophe's sophisticated GMIC-quiz about communist awards & military history :unsure: ?

Herr Rabkin tells you, that I am a nasty guy, who constantly insults other collectors. O.K., that's his private opinion :D . I am asking you, did I ever insult a GMIC-member or have I been ever banned from GMIC :unsure: ?

"BTW, there were delays on several shipments of the medals on my part. I?ve already straightened it out or trying to resolve it. I failed to reply in timely matter and a couple of my customers were concern ..." Herr Rabkin has obviously problems in handling his business in the correct way, but that's not my fault ;) (... nor the fault of the US-Embassy in Moscow :P ).

I really don't think, that Herr Rabkin behaves like a true Gentlemen.

Christian

Dear Christian,

As always, where you are, there are lies, exaggerations, and insults. Why I am not surprised?

I never insulted any members of the collectors? community. You will never produce a single name.

If my replies to you were not gentle, it?s because you were the one who started insults. I always try to resolve any issues in peaceful manner but there is limit to anybodies patience. You like to push those limits.

When the ?another? forum has started I was invited to share my knowledge and expertise.

You insulted my intelligence, stated that awards from my personal collection were fakes. Even so other experts including Paul McDaniel found them original.

When I tried to share facts regarding Soviet awards, your replies were ?I don?t believe that?. ?It?s not true?, ?It can?t be?. You never had an intelligent argument. I realized that it?s better to ignore you than to waste time on such ignorant person. You were a single guy who tried to mess a constructive discussing.

When I ignored you, you insulted other members and moderators of the forum. Wasn?t it the reason why you were banned from the forum? Why are you trying to give me all your credits?

Prior to coming to ?another? forum, you made mess on the forum of German awards. The members of that forum shared this information. It?s already two forums were you were not welcome!

BTW, there were delays on several shipments of the medals on my part. I?ve already straightened it out or trying to resolve it. I failed to reply in timely matter and a couple of my customers were concern but no ?nasty postings? as you mentioned. It?s another of your lies.

Regarding ?we all are 100 % gentlemen?, the word ?gentleman? is not associated with your name in my humble opinion.

I WOULD STRONLY APPRECIATE IF NEVER EVER MENTION MY NAME AGAIN OR DO ANY REFERALS TO MY NAME!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update (and having nothing to do with some of the distractig outside-the-forum issues raised above):

I am still struggling to resolve the $3000+ group I purchased from Eugene almost two months ago (!). As bizarre as it seems, I have actually gotten the (very interesting) research before the group has arrived!

Money sent, checks cashed and cleared.

No word. No medals.

Many e-mails are sent. Finally I hear from him that he is "in Europe" (so he found a good use for my money?).

No medals, no more communication. Then, I heard he has been sick (personally, when I am "sick", I don't travel across "the pond", but "different strokes" . . . ??).

No medals, no more communication. Then I get an e-mailed "apology" and a "promise" that they'll be mailed on Monday, 19 November.

No medals, no more communication in any form (with almost daily e-mails sent). Have tried calling him (have his phone number, address, and even a Google Earth image of his apartment building in Brooklyn). Left several answering machine messages and one in-person message with an unidentified female.

No medals, no more communication. Now the answering machine has been turned off and the female person doesn't pick up (caller ID?). I think it is NYPD Precinct 68 and postal fraud investigation (ha ha!) next. Though public reputation-trashing may be more fun.

I despair. And am profoundly disappointed with all of humanity. And much more than just $3000 disappointed.

FYI and caveat bloody emptor!

:violent:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Just -- literally "just" -- received an e-mail:

Ed,

I promise you will get you groups.

I apologize for delay.

Regards

Eugene

We shall see, and you will know.

Maybe public kvetching works?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

I sent:

. . .

And advise details when sent, please.

I am sorry if you have problems, but with no communication your previously good reputation will go into the toilet.

To his credit, just in:

Ed,

You are absolutely right.

My problems are not excuse.

I apologize for my behavior.

Regards

Eugene

News of receipt will follow. Gods willing.

The group has arrived. See http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23128 -- thanks Eugene and thanks to all here for their support in a very trying time.

There is still one more, smaller, group yet to come, and I await full resolution of the immensely troubling situation.

Edited by Ed_Haynes