News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The variations of the Imperial German wound badge

Gentlemen,

The TR forum has its thread on wound badges and has included some imperials. I do not believe we should have to wade through limitless numbers of similar TR badges just to view our imperials. So here is your chance show our members and guests just how many variations there are and what can be found if you look hard enough. Whether they be plain jane, engraved, or whatever, lets see them. I will start off the thread with some of mine. First are the issue badges for one or two wounds.

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Next, Silver wound badges of all types for 3 to 4 wounds. Notice there are different finishes, some plated, some painted and at the top right is one of 800 silver. I know these are nice but I know you have some better badges than this.

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Joe,

Great piece that has been discussed earlier at Imperial German Silver wound badge.

Gordon,

Great badges, I especially like the blued naval and the gold naval badges. As you know, the gold navals are very hard to find.

Ralph,

Great mini with the 1 Mark (about US $.20 at the time) price tag still on it. Wish I could get them for that price today.

Dan Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy

close up of the maker

Paul,

D.R.G.M. is not a maker's mark, but the patent stamp for the catch design.

I posted the following in another thread concerning the DRGM and DRP abbreviations found on many German items:

DRP is the abbreviation for Deutsches Reichspatent, i.e. German Patent, used until a short time after the establishment of the Federal Republic, when the patent system was changed to DBP = Deutsches Bundespatent (German Federal Patent).

DRGM stands for Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster, i.e. utility model or utility patent, later replaced by the DBGM.

Although similar in intent, the patent offered (and still offers) longer protection of design rights than the utility model.

DRP and DRGM marks can still be found on some products manufactured in the early 1950s.

David