News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Group with Sino-Soviet Friendship Medal

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Baktybai Zholmukanov born 1 january 1926, living in Baranovichsky Unified City Military Commissariat area, Brest Oblast as of 28 July 1962 when this was filled out. (his photo has been removed!!!)

1) Born in Dshama-Turm(a?)s, Yenbeksky, Chanaevsky Raion, Ural Oblast, Western Kazak Krai

2) Kazak by ethnicity

3) Communist Party member since 1957

4) never in Komsomol

5) "9th class education 1961" (????? 35 ????), and technical light something 1966

6) Technical mechanic

7) Married

12) 1 August 1960 retired per 15.1.60 and "sickness"

15) 365 Reserve Rifles Regiment as rifleman November 1944 to April 1945

922 Rifles Regiment as leading mortar man April 1945 to June 1946

69 Independent Engineer Aerodrome Battalion as a tiler (!) June 1946-March 1947

5th Independent Company, something, 26th Construction something March 1947 to January 1949

same unit as radio-something January 1949 to May 1950

same unit as senior for something January to October 1950

Military Unit 54891 as commander for radio-something October 1950 to August 1951

"to reserves 28 January 1950 to 16 August 1951"

This covers the period he must have been in China and "technically" a "vilunteer" "out of Soviet service" nudge nudge wink wink.

..... too hard for now

17) war participant

18) From 16 April to 9 May 1945 in Great Patriotic War as mortar man in 922 Rifles Regiment, 250 Division

19) Military oath taken 15.1.45 in 365 Reserve Rifles Regiment

20) sergeant ("Serzhant")

21) receivd MMM, K?nigsberg, Berlin, Victory Over Germany, 1948, Sino Soviet Friendship Medal, another MMM, 1958

22) no wounds Stamped over with jubilee OPW2

23-25) category 1, Red Army, Sergeant ("Serzhant")

26) Codes = ???? some sort of "aha" that those In The Know would know about him and he wouldn't know either.

In post #6-- medical results as unfit for duty, crossed out, another on 26.9.62 crossed out, and showing specialty as staff service and senior pay-clerk

The rest of the stamps appear to be periodic reporting in checks

His units are written in very thick ink, squashed onto too few lines, and covred by the stamp up in section 15-- I'll fill in more later.

Interesting that he was a

A) career NCO

B) very bizarre shifts in duties and skills and training!

C) "discharged" from the Red Army in order to go to China

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: While I was typing my last, you added posts 10 on-- a bit clearer! Still much to go back and forth, back and forth comparing...

March 1947 on he was apparently in charge of a battery (accumulator) in some (pardon the electrical pun) capacity. "Battery operator" just sounds weird.

From January 1949 his job was as (TADAAAAAAH!!!)

Radio Detection Finder

and what I was interpreting above as "Construction" is apparently actually the abbreviation of some form of ANTI-AIRCRAFT ARTILLERY.

Married to Valentina Ivanovna, sons Baklatan born 1953 and Altai born 1956.

Victory Over Germany as Private, 922 Inf Rgt, "Boris Zhul'mukanov" on 28 January 1946 and yet 3 days earlier

Capture of Berlin, same rank and unit but name written as "Boris Zhalmulkanov."

K?nigsberg as Junior Sergeant in "Unit 40102" 21.9.50 spelled "Boris Zhelmukanov."

The poor huy never got his name the same way twice!!!!!

First MMM in May 1945 (so researchable) and Medals Book issued 26.10.46

Light INDUSTRIAL technician training 1966.

The inserted "duplicate" form also repeats the fiction that he was discharged and "re-enlisted" in the Soviet Army while :unsure::rolleyes: away from home.

The unit abbreviations and WEIRD job functions are giving me trouble.