News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1939 Ek1 L/59 screw and pinback

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Very nice these L 59's and still full of misteries , as far as all these extra symbols and markings go !

I just started looking into these various markings ,amazed how many there are and all the position variations . Is there any published reference material on them anywhere ?

Thanks, Douglas

• 5 weeks later...

As I have been told these 'Markings' are still a bit of a mistery :

L59 , 23,26, etc are the maker marks. Then there is a small group of 'Inspection Marks', ..like a squere , circle . one dot , 3 dots, triangle , the common Long-gated S , a X and even a Swastika .

There are a lot more stamped markings, .... that I have started looking into , that are used that may indecate a seperate parts manufacturer and or assembler markings . Just a project I started because of something I ran into unexpectendly, ...well if I get enough samples first , then we will see .

Douglas