News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 1914 Nichtkämpferband and miniture

Hello

On a list of medal makers marks, from The Kaisers Bunker,

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/stuff/1914_EK2_makers.htm

'G' is listed as Godet und Sohn. I like the EKs but I am uncertain about the large non combatant ribbon. It looks in your photo just a little to clean and white for something that is anything between 76 and 92 years old, (they were still making and issuing the 1914 EKs into the 1920s / 30s). Does it glow under black light, (UV light) ?

Edited by DavidM

That is a good looking set. Period non-combat EKs are always a nice find

and non-combat minis are not found all that often. Good score :love:

Thanks David, Greg.

I will check the band under UV and let you know.

I bought this from Berlin from Dealer who assured me its 100% original? But you may be right and its a replace band.

Meanwhile here is a better scan without flash.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

On a list of medal makers marks, from The Kaisers Bunker,

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/stuff/1914_EK2_makers.htm

'G' is listed as Godet und Sohn. I like the EKs but I am uncertain about the large non combatant ribbon. It looks in your photo just a little to clean and white for something that is anything between 76 and 92 years old, (they were still making and issuing the 1914 EKs into the 1920s / 30s). Does it glow under black light, (UV light) ?

Hi David

You were right. It is a replacement ribbon. I tested it under uv light and it did indeed glow!! I also burned a little of the frayed top and this did melt. I did test the mini and am glad to say that this did not glow!! Now do I have the impossible task of trying to find an original ribbon? I reckon that will be a lifelong task!!

Now my thoughts have turned to the ek itself. It does look good but hey I got it wrong on the ribbon! lol what do you think?

Cheers Rob :beer:

Hallo Rob, :beer:

nice find, just Lurv the mini :love: pity about the ribbon, but in my book all crosses and medals looks naked without one :P

I think you have a good chance to score an original, its 99% playing the waiting game and you never know your luck, after all you were told that ribbons for the Marine Kreuz were like hens teeth :rolleyes: and look what happened :D

Kevin in Deva. :D:beer:

hehe cheers Kev :beer:

Yep you certainly disproved my analogy, big hand to you .

i do like the mini that was the reason i got these as they were sold as a pair. Was thinking of getting hold of a combatants ribbon (period) and swapping them over and wait for the whole deal on the non combat to come along. good plan? I know some would say that the ek and band are not a true historical representation. But if it works for me? etc

The positive thing to come out of this is that I got a uv torch!! :P and all my other items dont glow! But get this, that flandern x band I got doesnt glow or melt but it is brand spankin new, has a feel of like when you get new sneakers :beer: it is firm, clean, serated cut at the top, ?? :speechless:

:cheeky:

Rob :beer:

pssst if ya see any nichtkampferband originales knocking about ahem ;)

Well it seems that my idea of a lifelong quest to find a non combat ribbon took just 1 day!! :D

Big shout out to Tom Y who saw my thread and he has kindly donated one and it is in the post as we speak!

Cheers :beer: Tom

I hope one day I can return the favour.