News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungary - WW2 Tunics

They wold be the same, but with black collar tabs., and in the case of the greatcoat black piping. This is a medical greatcoat minus the collar tabs http://hungarianmilitaria.hu/modules/egyen...w.php?ruh_id=54 and this is a medical 3rd Lt/warrent officer's tunic and dress cap http://kepfeltoltes.pirateclub.hu/pics/orv...los_zubbony.jpg

Best regards,

John

John -

Nice tunics - greatcoats were fitted with loops for the Combat Leadership Badge when they were to be worn for parade purposes. Also - the medals for return of Hungary should be 1) Felvidek, 2)Erdly, 3)Delvidek. Do you need a Fire Cross?? PM me.

• 1 year later...
    • 8 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 3 months later...

Piave1918 -

Nice uniforms - you have correctly identified the Artillery tunic as that of an officer - it is for a 1st Lieutenant. The infantry corporal I would like to see some better shotes of the collar tabs. its possible that they were replaced but unsure until we can see some better detail. The tunic itself is amazing. The Bocskai looks to be for a Private 1st Class or Corporal (detail on the chevron needed) but the rosette seems to be for an officer. Can we get more images??? The Bocskai is for the Quartermaster or Serive of Supply.

Piave1918 -

Nice uniforms - you have correctly identified the Artillery tunic as that of an officer - it is for a 1st Lieutenant. The infantry corporal I would like to see some better shotes of the collar tabs. its possible that they were replaced but unsure until we can see some better detail. The tunic itself is amazing. The Bocskai looks to be for a Private 1st Class or Corporal (detail on the chevron needed) but the rosette seems to be for an officer. Can we get more images??? The Bocskai is for the Quartermaster or Serive of Supply.

The Artillery tunic has silver buttons. An officer would have had gold buttons.

It is true that NCOs had silver buttons, but I think these buttons on the Arty tunic are the late war zinc type & would have absorbed the gilding - a closer photo would help. :whistle:

As for post war the same system was retained with the gold for officers and silver for NCOs the old buttons were used for a short time before being converted to the Tildy style in 1946-47.

• 6 years later...

This thread seems to be dead...

Here's a generals' staff tunic I once owned, with the rank Major.

vk1.jpg

A nice example of a greatcoat. Branch is engineer, rank is unknown (stripes missing from the sleeves), (I sold it a couple of years ago...)

horthykabát.jpg

Edited by decker

An ordnance major's white tunic. (The tunic belongs to one of my friends the photos were made by me.)

feher1.jpg

feher2.jpg

feher3.jpg

feher4.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A military judge major's tunic.

The colour of the collar patches is just like the ordnance ones', but since the tunic has the nametag on the inner pocket, it is no doubt a military judge.

hb03.jpg

Edited by decker

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...