News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Don,

Upon abdication, The Kaiser and his wife fled to The Netherlands where they

stayed with Count Godard Bentinck. On 19 May 1920 they moved into an estate

known as Huis Doorn which is, should the opportunity present itself, well worth

a visit. He remained there until his death in 1941.

I apologize for the fact that I can not account for the rest of the family at the

moment; but hopefully this is a helpful start.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Guest Robert Drew

The Kaisers son, Prince August Wilhelm, apparently served some fairly high function in the early Third Reich. Here he is shown "Sieg Heiling" with old nasty at a Stahlhelm rally.

Robert

Edited by Robert Drew

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Don,

a little late, sorry.

First pic shows Huis Doorn, where the german empereror lived from from 1920 until 1941.

Second shows the mausoleum of Wilhelm II. In front you see the prussian eagle and surprisingly the graves from his dogs.

He buried the dogs nearby, as Frederick the Great did in Potsdam.

Regards;

Flyingdutchman

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a postcard I picked up of Crown Prince Willie's children. Anyone know who's who in the pic?

Tony

I would presume the tallest is the Crown Prince's eldest son, Prince Wilhelm Friedrich Franz Joseph Christian Olaf, who renounced his rights to the throne in 1933 and was killed as a Wehrmacht lieutenant at Nivelles, France 26 May 1940. His second son was Prince Louis Ferdinand Viktor Eduard Albert Michael Hubertus (1907-1994), who, upon Crown Prince Wilhelm's death in 1951, became the head of the Royal House of Hohenzollern. His third son was Prince Hubertus Karl Wilhelm (1909-1950), and his youngest son was Prince Friedrich Georg Wilhelm Christoph (1911-1966).

Prince Louis Ferdinand's grandson, Prince GEORG FRIEDRICH Ferdinand (born 1976) is the current head of the Royal House of Hohenzollern (though he has an uncle, Prince Louis Ferdinand Friedrich Wilhelm Hubertus Michael Kyrill, eldest son of Prince Louis Ferdinand, who contests his headship.)

Prince Georg Friedrich and the House of Hohenzollern have a website of some interest located at http://www.preussen.de/en/today.html

Prince Louis Ferdinand's grandson, Prince GEORG FRIEDRICH Ferdinand (born 1976) is the current head of the Royal House of Hohenzollern (though he has an uncle, Prince Louis Ferdinand Friedrich Wilhelm Hubertus Michael Kyrill, eldest son of Prince Louis Ferdinand, who contests his headship.)

Prince Georg Friedrich and the House of Hohenzollern have a website of some interest located at http://www.preussen.de/en/today.html

Thanks Mike!

Is he still contesting it? I remember watching something about that on the news a few years ago.

Tony

Thanks Mike!

Is he still contesting it? I remember watching something about that on the news a few years ago.

Tony

Tony,

I honestly don't know the status of his contest. I know he filed a suit in German court some time ago. His father passed over him in favor of his grandson, Georg Friedrich, because he married outside of the house law on equal marriages (not once, but now he's on his fourth morgantic marriage!). His lawsuit basically argued that since the empire was no more, house law doesn't matter anymore and he should be the head of the house! Sounds kind of like having your cake and eating it too!

• 1 month later...