News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lenin Death Badge

Lenin Death badge for want of a better description, issued in 1924 to commemorate his demise (I wonder what would have happened if he had lasted longer and stopped Stalin becoming party chief?)

I would imagine that these were given to the more elite as they are of such fine quality, silver with a still fine enamel.

These appear to come in three variations....it would be great if any one else out there has the other two.

Chris

and then Stalin got in on the act, so by 1937, had superimposed his face before the iconic Lenin....here is also a 1947 Estonian version of the same badge...yeh like the Estonians were jumping with joy..............

Chris

Edited by Chris S

Very interesting. Thanks, that you post these, as i have a question to one of these death-badges. There is this badge on a dealers Website and this is part of the description:

" This Badge was Awarded in 1934 upon the death of Sergei Kirov, a rival of Stalin's. There is little doubt that Stalin ordered his assasionation on December 1, 1934. On the very evening of Kirov's murder, Stalin passed a law that laid the foundation for the mass extermination of people at odds with Stalin. The death of Kirov on December 1, 1934 is widely regarded as the beginning of the "Great Terror"."

So i guess, everyone, who wore this badge after 1934, shared Kirov?s fate, right? Most of these badges must have been quickly disposed after the assasination of Kirov. So this badge must be very rare? Any of you guys have seen it before?

Here ist the badge:

Kirov's badge was similar to the Lenin I first posted in that it was a crocodiles tears badge obviously condoned by Stalin after his hand in his assassination and issued after his death (yet to be conclusively proved but thought highly likely.)

Not many about...

Prices of badges are going just as crazy as medals...how much is this ebay one going for.

Chris

Paul

When Stalin died...he died...quite amazing how his cult of personality was wiped out (ironically it is finding favour with a few now.)

I have few anniversary badges which show his image pre 53....

Chris...(and what the heck it gives me a good excuse to post a few other badges hehe)

Nice Stalin badge Chris!

I have a photo of one in wear."My" guy has his badge on his uniform with a bravery and Leningrad medal. No name but probably made in Leningrad.

I have heard this badge being described as a political badge. But some say, as the dealer in NJ, that this is a "Udarnik" badge. Who knows for sure?

/Kim