News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Officers Shoulder Board Thread

• Replies 147
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, noch ein Andreas...

Well, so you have a shoulder board of the II.Bataillon/Inf.Rgt.399

The I.Btl. was set-up by the 6.Garde-Inf.Rgt. (Red pipings)

The II.Btl. was set-up by the 7.Garde-Inf.Rgt. (yellow pipings)

The III.Btl. was formed from the III./Inf.Rgt.357. This bataillon was the Brig.Ers.Btl.8 (II.Armee-Korps - white pipings)

Edited by The Prussian

Ah, noch ein Andreas...

Well, so you have a shoulder board of the II.Bataillon/Inf.Rgt.399

The I.Btl. was set-up by the 6.Garde-Inf.Rgt. (Red pipings)

The II.Btl. was set-up by the 7.Garde-Inf.Rgt. (yellow pipings)

The III.Btl. was formed from the III./Inf.Rgt.357. This bataillon was the Brig.Ers.Btl.8 (II.Armee-Korps - white pipings)

Thanks Andy,

does this helmet match with 7. Garde Inf Rgt. ?

About 20 years ago I got this helmet with the 399 shoulder boards and an EK 1 14.

Hi Andreas!

No, I don´t think so. Because your helmet has a reserve-cross (Reserve-Kreuz). Those helmets were worn by Reserve and Landwehr units. Are there any stamps inside?

That´s not completely correct. It depended on the personal status of the owner of the helmet. Plenty of reserve officers in active units and vice versa. Besides, these higher numbered units were a mixture of all kinds of soldiers.

I would say it may be connectedto each other.

Yes, that´s right. A lot of of Reserve-Leutnants wore that helmet and served in the new regiments. I answered in a wrong way. The helmet itself doesn´t belong to an active unit, but his wearer, of course, could have been served in that unit. Thanks for the correction!

Yes, that´s right. A lot of of Reserve-Leutnants wore that helmet and served in the new regiments. I answered in a wrong way. The helmet itself doesn´t belong to an active unit, but his wearer, of course, could have been served in that unit. Thanks for the correction!

Sorry Andy that my request wasn´t precise. I known that it is a reserve officers guards helmet, what

I wanted to know was, is it a helmet from 7. Garde Infanterie Regiment. I thought it was Garde-Pioniere

or Garde-Füsiliere.

Sorry I can't be of assistance with pictures of shoulderboards, but maybe I can help with the pickelhaube...

Imo its a pickelhaube Mod 1895 Garde-Pionier-Bataillon (Berlin) Garde-Korps. They had round front visor, silver helmet plate, silver fittings except gold chinscales and gold star studs for the spike. The chinscales are flat and not rounded, the rosettes on the gold chinscales are silver. All of this seems to match with the shown helmet.

Normally the spike should removable to be replaced with a black haarbush for parades.

It's also correct that there is no bandeau on the helmetplate, because the tekst "Mit Gott für König und Vaterland" is allready on the reserve cross.

Here's one with parade bush for comparison...

Adler 1

lgwc.jpg

6mvh.jpg

Hello Adler1!

Thank your for the explanation, but where is the difference to the 7th Garde-Inf.Rgt.? The also had white, flat chinscales. The difference is the bandeau-. I´m not sure, if the 7.Garde-Inf.Rgt. had that bandeau

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 4 months later...

Landwehr Inf. Regt 125.... A Verdun and Argonne Forest Regiment of interest to our American friends....

Yes indeed. Was Volmer a Leutnant or an Oberleutnant?

my congratulations guys , you have such interesting boards and mostly sets ....

Most of mine are just singles and not too spectacular .

regards

Kornel

Oh Kornel, I really like that Hessian pair. I only have a single.

• 4 weeks later...

nice veterinary shoulders Chris - I would like even a single one .
    regards
    Kornel

Chip - never doubted you're a gent .
    >> Oh Kornel, I really like that Hessian pair. I only have a single. << - but maybe because that's my only pair ( one of very few ) ;)

• 7 months later...
    • 8 months later...