News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 a good one?

Gentlemen,

I was thinking of buying this affordable 1939 EK2. Can you tell me if it is a good one or a fake?

I understand that the fakes today are very convincing, even being made in 3 parts with magnetic cores. :speechless:

Thank you :cheers:

Matt

Hello Matt,

Based on these photographs, I would give this cross is a tentative 'thumbs up', leaving aside the poor repair on the jump ring.

It does not seem to have any of the features found on any fakes that I am aware of, but without clearer and brighter photographs showing the beading and core details (especially the inner corners around the swastika), I cannot be absolutely certain.

Nevertheless, I am optimistic about it....

Regards - Danny

• 3 weeks later...

i think it's good.. :cheers:

IMHO cross, jump ring and ribbon mount are original, Sure it's had a few knocks in its time and may have been repaired, but would not worry if the price was right.

regards

Alex K

IMHO cross, jump ring and ribbon mount are original, Sure it's had a few knocks in its time and may have been repaired, but would not worry if the price was right.

regards

Alex K

Thank you for your reply Alex. I did weigh up price vs condition and in the end thought the price was too much for a piece in this shape. I can get one in better condition for just €5 more. :cheers:

Best wishes

Matt