News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

VERY IMPORTANT ! FAKE OSMANIE ! - Fake Miniatures of Medjidie With Swords and TWM !

avsaribar

Hello ,

Again fake items appeared on ebay ! SOME OF THEM VERY INTERESTING , SELLER NAME is " fabercan " from Germany .

item number : 141031319081 FAKE MINIATURE TWM

item number : 141031307761 FAKE MINIATURE MEDJIDIE WITH SWORDS

item number : 141032035605 FAKE MINIATURE IMTIYAZ MEDAL

AND VERY IMPORTANT FAKE OSMANIE ORDER , THIS TYPE JUST APPEARED IN THE MARKET , HE IS SELLING AS GERMAN MADE !!! EBAY ITEM NUMBER : 141032028353

I KINDLY ASK ALL OUR FRIENDS PAY ATTENTION TO THIS SUBJECT !

Best Wishes ,

Avsar

Hi Avsar,

just for my understanding: In Turkey miniatures are official awarded/handed out pieces? I never heard that for example from the TWM (Demir Erman, The Turish War Medal: "... these applications were not mentioned in the War Medal Regulation, ...)

If not, I must say, that it is usual in countries all over the world, to buy miniatures at a local seller with local made miniatures.

How could then a miniature be a fake?

Uwe

Hello Uwe ,

Yes , they are not offical , you are right but they must be made in the period .

Thoose ones sold on ebay , the Medjidie and the Twm are fantasy ! They made not 100 years ago , probably they made few weeks ago as same as the Osmanie Order sold by the same seller .

That type of swords on the miniature medjidie is fantasy , the upper crescent and star is also a fantasy , you can see that it looks like a Crimean period Crescent and star , ( Crescent with open ends only used in Crimean period Medjidies but in that period there was no scimitars !!! )

Same as the upper part of the TWM miniature , they are all fiction . Nothing never exist as them !

Best ,

Avsar Ibar

Dear Sir

I would kindly like to ask about this medjidie medal that i acquired recetly, is it real or fake?

PS : sorry for the quality of the photos but i foud this site by chance and couldn't wait to reply.

Many thanks

Best regards

Hanna Daniel

Dear Avsar

Thank you a lot for your reply, in fact i got this item with a breast medal from a local dealer here in Beirut, i think they cane from Aleppo, i doubted their authenticity thats why i didn't pay more than 100$ for both, fair enough i think, but i am really surprised by the craftsmanship of the makers they are really talented.

Best Regards

Hanna Danie

Hello Ray ,

Very small pictures but they look Ok , they are not fake but the thing is both of them in-complete . The first one has a needle attached on the reverse which must not be there , there must be Crescent and Star but missing ... The second one is totally problem , it doesnt have any value in that condition , it is just a reverse of a Ottoman Empire's mint made Medjidie order with a fiction later attached front .

Last messages i am only informing bad news but what can i do ... :(

All the best ,

Avsar Ibar

Edited by avsaribar

Your advice and information are always valuable Avsar! Thank you for reporting these fakes, I think fake orders and medals is one of the biggest problems of our time. We should all follow your example and report dealers and manufacturers of fake items.