News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early German Panzer..... Or not?

For quite some time I have this post card size photo with two armoured vehicles, each with a gun turret.

The decals lead me to believe these are German Panzer, and to my idea (and limited literature) the only candidate could be the "Leichter Traktor", dating from 1926.

However, the vehicles in the photo are in many details different from the picture in my book [Die deutschen Panzer 1926-1945, F.M. von Senger und Etterlin].

Can any of the Genlemen shine a light on this, please?

Not an early German tank, but an early British tank! And probably marked with crosses for an exercise or targets!

It's a British Mark VI A tank. See the photo from a book called "Panzer; Die Geschichte der deutschen Panzerwaffe in Zweiten Weltkrieg" by Niall Barr and Russell Hart.

Edited by IrishGunner

• 4 weeks later...

For quite some time I have this post card size photo with two armoured vehicles, each with a gun turret.

The decals lead me to believe these are German Panzer, and to my idea (and limited literature) the only candidate could be the "Leichter Traktor", dating from 1926.

However, the vehicles in the photo are in many details different from the picture in my book [Die deutschen Panzer 1926-1945, F.M. von Senger und Etterlin].

Can any of the Genlemen shine a light on this, please?

Well the tanks depicted are British Vickers Medium Mark II tanks, as to what they are doing and why marked that way i suppose unless simlar photos turn up we might never know, take your pick.

Marked as enemy tanks for excercise purposes.

A Diorama (explaining tactics?)

Target tanks.

Regards Eddie