News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Miniatures of Russian Imperial Awards

JapanX

• Replies 181
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, sometimes I wonder why I'm still collecting full size decorations at all...

:love: :love: :love:

Small hint, in #4, you've taken the wrong pictures, this is again the chain from #1, #2 and #3.

I was at the floor auction and would have loved to get it, but left it for someone else... being there, I raised an issue, which I'd like to repeat here:

The wearer, Carl von Weinberg, was Jewish, but his Saint Stanislas order is a standard type.

Did Jews in general or at least Non-Russian Jews receive standard decorations instead of non-christian types, and were the latter for Muslims and awards to Far East only?

Or did the firm making the miniature chain just not pay attention? After all, this miniatures is not what he was awarded, but what he bought in Germany...

Yes, they received standard ones ;)

Thanks! But just to be accurate: Jews in general or only non-Russian Jews?

I can imagine it would have been totally impossible to check this when awarding to a foreigner... but to citizens?

:P

You probably know, but though I want to add: Prussian had non-Christian decorations, too, but only from 1851 to 1861, when they were probably abolished. Those were awarded to Muslims in Ottoman Empire and Persia, but also to Prussian Jews!

The latter didn't want such a "special treatment", and after some discussion, new king Wilhelm I. had an understanding... I'm not aware of any muslim, then getting standard crosses too, raised a complaint on this...

Check here for more information: http://www.medalnet.net/Non_Christian_Red_Eagle.htm

Oh, and sorry for getting that much off-topic... what was this here about... ?

:unsure:

Thanks! But just to be accurate: Jews in general or only non-Russian Jews?

As far as I know in general ;)

You probably know, but though I want to add: Prussian had non-Christian decorations, too, but only from 1851 to 1861, when they were probably abolished. Those were awarded to Muslims in Ottoman Empire and Persia, but also to Prussian Jews!

The latter didn't want such a "special treatment", and after some discussion, new king Wilhelm I. had an understanding... I'm not aware of any muslim, then getting standard crosses too, raised a complaint on this...

Check here for more information: http://www.medalnet.net/Non_Christian_Red_Eagle.htm

These birdies are darn rare f9905dc98b8848ef87098d989548ed08.gif