News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi everyone!

Just won this bar today!  :D  I know it's Hessen and not complete/correct (medals in wrong order, and the 1930 sports medal just really doesn't fit!  :lol:).  I want to eventually restore it to its original glory and I wanted to check with you all to see what the first medal should me.  I'm sure I know the answer, but wanted to double check first...

1. ??? (Hessen Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen)
    2. Hesse Felddienstzeichen
    3. Baden Gedächtnis-Medaille für 1849

Thanks!

Jason

Hesse Bar.JPG

Hesse Bar Reverse.JPG

Holy smokes.  Are the pendants really available to make the restore possible?  That far back, this was most definitely an officer's bar, right?

I'm not sure.  All I'm looking to do is find the correct medal to complete the bar.  

Jason

Congratulations on a great, little bar.  When you get the right medals on it, you need to show it again.

Thanks!  I'll post another photo when I receive it with the (current) medals in the correct spot, and then another once I get the General Service medal for the 1st. position.

Jason

Hi everyone!

Received the bar yesterday and it is in MUCH nicer condition than the photos!  I'll have to post new photos shortly...  Until then, I found a possible correct medal  to complete the bar.  Here's the one I found.  What do you guys think?

Jason

Ludwig III Medal.JPG

Ludwig III Medal Reverse.JPG

Yes this is good
    a nice worn medal
    congratulations
    greeting
    Rudi

Rudi,

Thank you!  This medal is expected to arrive Monday.  I hope to post an updated photo of the bar that evening.

Jason

Hi everyone,

The medal arrived this afternoon!  I had to fashion an attachment ring from heavy bronze wire (sorry, didn't have silver!), and then heat it to darken it.  Anyway, here's the finished bar!  Hope you all like it!

Jason

001.JPG

004.JPG