News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

I am looking for basic information of Hptm Otto Lehmann. He was an educated observer within the German Air Force.

After the War he was living as Major a.D. in Berlin.

He wrote several books and articles mostly with an link to aviation. His first book was already published during the War in 1917, and as I can see he continue to write books until 1943. However it seems he not was promoted further during WW2. When his first book was published he is noted as Hauptmann.

He was probably no active officer as others have solved all Lehmann with this rank. So probably an Reserve officer..?

Anyone who can help ?

Gunnar S

Have you ever heard of the german "Wer ist´s" (Who´s who) encyclopedia and "Kürschners Literaturkalender"?  Above all in the latter there should be some information if he was such an productive writer.

If not, I can check them later that day as our library at work have these volumes.

Regards Stefan

Edited by IR 134

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the interesting links. Regarding "Wer ist´s" I have heard about it, but "Kürschners Literaturkalender" is a new source for me.

Unfortunate I do not have access to any of these as I am living Sweden. If you can look after Hptm Otto Lehmann I will be very glad. It is no hurry as I asked the same question nearly 10 Years ago..

Regarding the Saxon Rittm Erich Stresemann from UR 18, I was able to find his Year of birth in a German literature lexicon. And he was only co-author to the Regimental history of that/his Regiment. But he is still unsolved regarding more precise data including place of birth.

:)

Gunnar

Regarding the Saxon Rittm Erich Stresemann from UR 18, I was able to find his Year of birth in a German literature lexicon. And he was only co-author to the Regimental history of that/his Regiment. But he is still unsolved regarding more precise data including place of birth.

In that case please find attached a scan from the work of Erhard Roth: "Sächsisches Offizierkorps". I still couldn´t identify his birthplace. Possibly Dresden as a found 2 other saxon officers (former absolvents of the saxon cadet corps) with this name, who were natives of Dresden and maybe brothers (unconfirmed) of Erich. Please let me know if you need more details of his (peacetime) military service.

As you may know, Stresemann is a famous name in Germany through the German Weimar Republic Foreign minister Gustav Stresemann which lots of german streets are named.

Lots of greetings

Stefan

Erich Stresemann Roth.png

Edited by IR 134

Thanks Stefan

The possible link to Dresden for Erich Stresemann  is an hint to search further about. I have rather good info in his pre War career as well what he did during the War. I have the info from Roths book since earlier, sadly it does not give any info about date and place of birth.

I have also been unable to find an personal file for him. So both he and Otto Lehmann are still unsolved.

Mvh

Gunnar

In case of Lehmann he isn´t listed in both works unfortunately. I´m sorry. :(

Stresemann was promoted to Fähnrich in 1905 so he probably joined the army that year or 1904. I guess his birthdate between 1882-1885 (+/- 2 years). After the war he staeyd in Leipzig, see the attachment from Leipziger Adreßbuch 1927. He´s listed in the Leipziger Adreß Buch till 1942. In the 1943 edition his trace is lost.

In 1939 he was Major (E) 01.04.34 at Stab Wehrmachtfürsorge-u.Versorgungsamt Leipzig, see http://forum.panzer-archiv.de/viewtopic.php?p=202169

Regards Stefan

LAD 1927.png

Edited by IR 134

• 1 year later...

The only Hptm d.R. that I have found so far is Friedrich Ludwig Eduard Otto Lehmann born 13.Feb.1885 in Munsterberg. He was is Fusilier-Regiment 36 and he marriage record is on ancestry - but I don't think he is likely to be your man. 

But at least you might be able to rule him out with the details above?   

Thanks Andy

It is him :), I have meanwhile been able to find him through other sources but I still lack his date and place of death. He was promoted Hptm dR on 30.09.1915. Before FüR 36 he had served served within PiB 4 and PiB 6.

His time within the Air Force was more or less "an failure" and he was posted back to the Army.

Gunnar