News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Honorary Medal of Labor

We have individual threads for most of the awards but not, it seems, tor the two most common, the Honorary Medal of Compat and the Honorary Medal of Labor. Why not start them?

What Jan and I show, subject to revision and correction, is:

A 38.1/M 21.1 - Type 1.1 (Screwback, Uigur, numbered ?No.?); Low = 214/High = 985; 1941-??

A 38.1/M 21.1 - Type 1.2 (Screwback, Uigur, SN without prefix, seperately soldered ring); Low = 1569/High = 11953; 1946-56

M 21.1 - Type 1.3 (Screwback, Uigur, SN with "No" prefix above the SN); Low = 10663/High = 10668; 19??-??

M 21.1 - Type 1.4 (Screwback, Uigur, SN without prefix, ring part of the medal); Low = 12001/High = 16525; 1961-63

A 38.2/M 21.2 - Type 2.1.1 (Screwback, Cyrillic, impressed number); Low = 16785/High = 21521; 1966-??

M 21.2 - Type 2 1.2 (Screwback, Cyrillic, engraved number); Low = ??/High = ??; 19??-??

A 38.3/M 21.2 - Type 2.2.1 (Pinback, ribbon); Low = 23854/High = 35869; 19??-??

A 38.4/M 21.2 - Type 2.2.2 (Pinback, enameled ribbon, silver); Low = 737/High = 4892; 19??-??

A 38.5/M 21.2 - Type 2.2.3 (Pinback, enameled ribbon, silvered bronze); Low = ??/High = 23750; 19??-??

A 38.6/M 21.2 - Type 2.2.4 (Pinback, enameled ribbon, silvered bronze, unnumbered?); 19??-??

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: The "blank" reverse on that one has a ghost image of the letters from the center obverse as if this was stamped twice-- and turned over!

[attachmentid=32682]

It will be interesting to see if this was a "Bad Monday" production batch at this serial number range or one that is literally unique!

:Cat-Scratch: The "blank" reverse on that one has a ghost image of the letters from the center obverse as if this was stamped twice-- and turned over!

It will be interesting to see if this was a "Bad Monday" production batch at this serial number range or one that is literally unique!

Yes, there are indeed ghost letter. I don?t know, if this in an uncommon thing, but all the one, i have checked, don?t have it.

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker

Oh... I recognise that one... :D

I'm happy it found a new loving home ;)

Dolf

[attachmentid=32682]

Maybe that's why they added that ugly patterned reverse to Type 2.2.3 and Type 2.2.4??

:P

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Maybe that's why they added that ugly patterned reverse to Type 2.2.3 and Type 2.2.4??

:P

Ed, i think, thats not too far fetched.

Dolf, yes, its my first and i love it, especially the thick green enamel, but when i see the early ones, its definately not my last one. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice set here - two labor's awarded to the same person - useful also for getting some dates for our researchers:)

Notice the Uighur one - person applied some solder to fix a broken suspension - gives it more character :P

• 3 months later...

And now for the surprise . . . .

Wadded up in the bottom of the box -- and totally overlooked by the seller :P and, therefore, not seen in detail by me until this very moment -- were additional documents.

Edited by Ed_Haynes