podpolkovnik

why there arent any more russian marshals ?

5 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

so i was wondering why the russian government hasn't promoted any more russian generals to the rank of marshal of the russian federation since Igor sergeyev

ID: 2   Posted

because maybe that would be promoting a direct threat to Vladimir Putin?

ID: 3   Posted (edited)

well from my point of view , if the russian MD does promote a general to the rank of marshal of the russian federation it would not pose a threat to the russian government , as long as they dont promote a hardliner , and choose someone that seems very loyal to the government per see General of the army Shoygu or General of the army Gerasimov .  

or maybe they could be waiting for the last soviet marshal , Marshal of the Soviet Union Yazov to pass away and then promote a new marshal . 

Edited by podpolkovnik

14 hours ago, podpolkovnik said:

well from my point of view , if the russian MD does promote a general to the rank of marshal of the russian federation it would not pose a threat to the russian government , as long as they dont promote a hardliner , and choose someone that seems very loyal to the government per see General of the army Shoygu or General of the army Gerasimov .  

or maybe they could be waiting for the last soviet marshal , Marshal of the Soviet Union Yazov to pass away and then promote a new marshal . 

Or it could be for that reason too.  An astute observation.

They have very few Army Generals (4 star US equivalent)...  Even defense minister Shoigu is only an Army General...  The service commanders are only colonel-generals (Lt-Gen)...  For a few years the commander of the air force was only a major-general.