News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

why there arent any more russian marshals ?

podpolkovnik

well from my point of view , if the russian MD does promote a general to the rank of marshal of the russian federation it would not pose a threat to the russian government , as long as they dont promote a hardliner , and choose someone that seems very loyal to the government per see General of the army Shoygu or General of the army Gerasimov .  

or maybe they could be waiting for the last soviet marshal , Marshal of the Soviet Union Yazov to pass away and then promote a new marshal . 

Edited by podpolkovnik

14 hours ago, podpolkovnik said:

well from my point of view , if the russian MD does promote a general to the rank of marshal of the russian federation it would not pose a threat to the russian government , as long as they dont promote a hardliner , and choose someone that seems very loyal to the government per see General of the army Shoygu or General of the army Gerasimov .  

or maybe they could be waiting for the last soviet marshal , Marshal of the Soviet Union Yazov to pass away and then promote a new marshal . 

Or it could be for that reason too.  An astute observation.

They have very few Army Generals (4 star US equivalent)...  Even defense minister Shoigu is only an Army General...  The service commanders are only colonel-generals (Lt-Gen)...  For a few years the commander of the air force was only a major-general.

• 3 years later...
    12 hours ago, podpolkovnik said:

So now that the last marshal of the soviet union, sadly passed away, do you gentlemen think were gonna be seing any marshals of the russian federation any time soon?

Unless Putin gifts it to minister Shoigu because he's running out of state awards to give him, I very much doubt it.  The only reason I could possibly see would be if some of the now independant border states opted to combine their armed forces with Russia's...  

• 1 year later...

There is an opinion that these are the usual imperialist squabbles over sales markets, in this case hydrocarbons. At the same time, the Americans need to sell their liquid shale, the Russian bourgeoisie a simple gas. Geographically, this impoverished "wild field" with the Nazis, sovereign only on paper, which was a prosperous territory during the USSR period, Russia does not need at present. It is necessary that the good Western democracies do not accumulate their troops there in order to repeat the history of 1941. Do we need another marshal? I don't care. They are treated like clowns. At least ten grand. Hung up to the navel with medals.