News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saxon St Henry  order Knights cross in Silver Gilt WW I in case of  issue maker marker R on lower arm 

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

Here back of box 

IMG_1976.JPG

Best closeup I can get 

IMG_1977.JPG

Not sure why all photos are on the side ??? Can mods fix ?

Edited by scottplen

I saw this on eMedals. It's a beautiful award and nice to have the case. Congrats.

But, the case has a GA Scharffenberg label. Yet, the cross is marked 'R' which is Alfred Rösner, Dresden. So, the cross and case were likely not originally together, unless the original recipient picked up a replacement case from GA Scharffenberg, which seems unlikely.

I don't think it diminishes the value, really. Cases for this order are hard to get. But, still I wanted to point out the discrepancy.

12 hours ago, bolewts58 said:

I saw this on eMedals. It's a beautiful award and nice to have the case. Congrats.

But, the case has a GA Scharffenberg label. Yet, the cross is marked 'R' which is Alfred Rösner, Dresden. So, the cross and case were likely not originally together, unless the original recipient picked up a replacement case from GA Scharffenberg, which seems unlikely.

I don't think it diminishes the value, really. Cases for this order are hard to get. But, still I wanted to point out the discrepancy.

Thanks ! I don't mind was looking for one a long time and the case in my mind is worth it ! 

I know you would be hard pressed to find a loose case for this order ! I'm fine as long as order is ww1 vintage 

Edited by scottplen

Been researching this order from what I find A Rosner and GA Sharffenburg were the official court jewlers. Also was told they were reissued to different awardees ?

after prior awardee died .

Edited by scottplen

Hi

After the 15 september 1915, the order is not returned to the Order Chancellerie afther the dead of the owner. And before this date yes the order of St Henry should be returned.

Officially, the  Court Jeweler is Scharffenberg, but Roesner dit it too.

Here is the hallmark of one of my SH3

Christophe

20151220_155503.jpg

In 1915, the Jeweller Osang made some knight cross of St Henry.

Here is one more photo of the St Henry. Both are made from Scharffenberg but you can clearly see the difference.

20151220_160308.jpg

A beautiful cross, a beautiful case. I recommended this to Scott, the price was right IMO. VERY hard to find this order, or a case.

Now, Scott gets to search for a Sharffenburg Piece and a Roessner Case!!

I still am the Evil Twin!

Also, I held this back from Scott because I was unsure from the pix on eMedals site, as well as these.

I believe this is what I call the Sharffenburg Long Case, as opposed to their smaller one. I'll dig through my archive photos to see if I can back this up. The bigger case is quite harder to find

Here's what I mean, see attached image of two different St. Henry Cases from my archives

casepair1.jpg

42 minutes ago, Stogieman said:

A beautiful cross, a beautiful case. I recommended this to Scott, the price was right IMO. VERY hard to find this order, or a case.

Now, Scott gets to search for a Sharffenburg Piece and a Roessner Case!!

I still am the Evil Twin!

Thanks Rick !!

I love this Order now I have the St Henry flu  !!! I would to love get one on a bar !!!