News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Scottplen

The albrechtskreuz could have been given for various reasons, yours (being that he was in saxon service) is inplausible, since there is a prussian longservice-award. There are several possible scenarios

* He fought in a regiment named after a saxon king or prince

* He fought with saxon troops, or alongside them

* He was a saxon in a prussian regiment

Kind regards, Laurentius

There were at least 46 awards of the Albrechtskreuz mit Schwertern to Prussians, as well as a handful of awards to naval personnel.  Most were Feldwebelleutnants. Most of the rest were mid-level Beamten (e.g. Hilfszahlmeister, Feldmagazininspektor, Feldintendantursekretär, Feldhilfsarzt, Feldhilfsveterinär).

The swords device does not belong there.

reverse looks good as the whole bar does

As Dave said , the small sword device is wrong , belongs to a ribbon bar

If this is a original old bar it is a very interesting combination - I have never seen this combo of war aid cross and AKX before....what is a bit confusing to me is getting an AKX from saxony and the war aid cross - AKX and EK ok , but AKX and war aid cross - never seen before

Dear Scottplen

Although the swords officialy shouldn't be there they look to be authentic. They were probably put on by the owner and I think it would be a terrible mistake to take them off. These kinds of mistakes were quite common back in the days of the weimar republic, we even have a whole tread for it. I would recommand to keep them on.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Dear Scottplen

If you ask me, this man probably was a homefront guy, looking at his medal for warmerit. The albrechtskreuz doesn't have to be a awarded during the first world war, they were given out from 1911 up to 1918. Furthermore we have the prussian 15 years service cross and the centenial-medal. Only of the cross for warmerit we can be sure it was awarded during WW1. In all truth, we'll probably never know if this guy had an iron cross, but looking at the fact he had 4 medals mounted with no iron cross makes me doubt it.

Kind regards, Laurentius

• 2 weeks later...

So why how would a deck officer get Albert cross with swords ?? How many guys had this combo without iron cross ?? Could he have been wounded and not recieved iron cross and spent rest war at home front ?

Edited by scottplen

Bar arrived today and it's seems all original and correct it have even age and the sword device has been on it forever! 

Seems to be a nicely made Albert cross made in one piece ! What year would this one date to ???i know early ones had applied centers ! 

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_2680.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG