News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

US Service Medals from Civilian and Military Goverment Agencies.

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Department of Defense Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Distinguished Service Medal

Obverse:

• Replies 364
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Department of Defense - Office of the Inspector General - Distinguished Service Medal - Type II

This medal now has three types.

Obverse:

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Department of Defense - Office of the Inspector General - Meritorious Service Medal - Type III

This medal now has three types.

Obverse:

Guest Darrell

Re: My above post. Didn't realize the MoF had already been posted :speechless:

That Texas NG Purple Heart is beautiful. Where did you manage to find one?

PM sent.

Just wanted to add the National Guard Medals I have in my collection to help expand Darrell's excellent thread.

New Jersey National Guard:

5x767r.jpg

From left to right are the Distinguished Service Medal, Medal of Valor, Meritorious Service Medal, and Commendation Medal.

Washington National Guard:

n3oprt.jpg

From left to right are the Distinguished Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Guardsman's Medal, and Commendation Medal.

Pennsylvania National Guard Distinguished Service Medal:

10oe3pd.jpg

• 4 months later...

130. Department of Defense - Office of the Inspector General - Superior Service Medal - Type III

US Department of Defense Inspector General Superior Civilian Service Medal (Type 3). The Type 1 was designed in 2000, but was redesigned in 2005 with a new coat of arms on the obverse, creating the type 2 medal. The medal was redesigned again in May 2008, with another modified coat of arms, creating the type 3, the currently issued medal. The reverse of all three medals are the same.

Obverse:

• 8 months later...
    Guest Darrell

Been a while since I added to this thread:

131. US Presidential Citizens Medal

Established in 1969, this medal is awarded by the President of the United States to any citizen, in recognition of services to the country, above and beyond the call of duty.

Obverse:

• 13 years later...