News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

US Service Medals from Civilian and Military Goverment Agencies.

Guest Darrell

• Replies 364
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

You never cease to amaze me with your expanding collection. I have learned much following this thread.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Appreciate the kind words.

You never cease to amaze me with your expanding collection. I have learned much following this thread.

Paul

I must agree 100%.... I look forward to the email reminder that this thread is still alive and well. Darrell you have best collection of US Pulblic Service and Civilians Medals on the planet. Thanks for sharing and educating.

Gary :cheers:

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    Guest Darrell

Air Force Distinguished Public Service Medal

US Air Force Distinguished Public Service Medal. Prior to the establishment of this medal and it's lower ranking companion, the Commander's Public Service Medal, the Air Force had only one public service award. They used the Exceptional Civilian Service Medal, which is intended to be a Civil Service award. When awarded to private citizens the name of the medal was changed to the Air Force Exceptional Public Service Medal. The medal is EXACTLY THE SAME, only the certificate that accompanies the medal is different. Needless to say, using the same medal for two different purposes, and giving it two names, has caused a great deal of confusion among collectors. The Air Force remedied the situation in 2006, by creating the Commander's Public Service Medal, and the Distinguished Public Service Medal.

Obverse: