News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

CIB Variations

Jim Baker

• 5 weeks later...

Steve - Great website. I have a standard clutchback WWII CIB as well as all of the "modern" color and subdued full size badges up to the 3rd Award. I do however have an interesting color cloth CIB on wool that my aunt in AZ found and sent me a couple of years ago. Here it is - Kevin

IPB Image

Edited by ehrentitle

Great photos, guys! Keep 'em coming!

Here are a few more of mine that I happen to have photos of:

The fiirst one is a post-war German-made Bevo weave CIB, with what appears to be very fine sterling silver wire woven onto an almost silvery brown rayon or silk background. I've never been able to get a really good pic of this one because the silver wire is tarnished so badly that it almost disappears against the background.

IPB Image

The next one I believe is Italian made, and resembles the one ehrentitle posted earlier. It is embroidered on standard OD wool shirt material. I would like to believe the stain is blood from a wound sustained in combat, but it's probably marinara sauce or ketchup!

IPB Image

Let's keep the photos coming! I know there are plenty more out there.

Steve

Here are two more (The last post wouldn't take all four photos).

I believe this one is English made, and is embroidered on a very thick almost felt-like wool. It is heavilymoth damaged, but I managed to crop outmost of the holes.

IPB Image

Last, while not technically a CIB, might be of interest. It is an example of the unofficial Combat Artillery Badge probably from the 1950s. This one is still attached to the display card. It is very well made, and not a bad looking badge IMHO.

IPB Image

Let's see some more!

Steve

The enamel is damaged but the general quality of this British-made example is very high. I've had it for more than thirty years. In fact, it was the second military badge I ever bought as a kid and I found it on a stall in Portobello Road for the princely sum of .25p.

PK

• 3 weeks later...

Great CIBs!

I hadn't seen the German-made version with that type of pin before. That will be one more to add to the "want" list.

The English-made versions are highly collectible (I still haven't found one of those yet, either) and one in good condition just sold on eBay last week for over $130.00!

Steve

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...