• 4 months later...

Hi Don ...Are all the 1933 RPT repros semi hollow back or , are they also selling the solid style (unmarked)as well ?

Mike,

This particular company only appear to be doing the hollow backs at present. I imagine someone else is probably doing the solids, but I haven't knowingly seen one yet. I don't know if that's good news or bad to be honest....

They have added more to their range, the backs have the same style on all of them. Here's their site http://www.azzie.biz/

Bob,

That's very true, this company advertise them as copies & make no pretence that they are real. What really worries me are the ones that try to get them correct in every detail :angry:

Cheers

Don

OooooooooooooooohKay, I'll bite.

Who BUYS sold-as-fake tinnies??? :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Is this the old nudge nudge wink wink wholesale outlet to small time junk purveyors?

I don't, alas, get out to many shows, so haven't seen these-- individually or by the box full-- being passed off "retail" as "real"-- yet, anyway.

Are they making it that far on the wheel of commerce yet?

OooooooooooooooohKay, I'll bite.

Who BUYS sold-as-fake tinnies??? :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Is this the old nudge nudge wink wink wholesale outlet to small time junk purveyors?

I don't, alas, get out to many shows, so haven't seen these-- individually or by the box full-- being passed off "retail" as "real"-- yet, anyway.

Are they making it that far on the wheel of commerce yet?

It certainly make you wonder doesn't it Rick :speechless: . I don't go to shows either so can't say if that's where they are heading. As with most fakes, they won't fool the experianced eye, but may catch out someone just starting I suppose :unsure:

Cheers

Don

I have seen these for sale in Europe at medal dealers as well as fleamarkets so they are out there ! I have also a lot of plastic 'modern' copies of various tinnies many of which were not originally made in plastic.

• 3 months later...

Yes Bob, on the Colburg, that catch is a dead giveaway.

Having never seen a Quidlinburg in the flesh I don't know on yours but gut feeling is a no, a very untypical pin, and for some reason I believe that this is a pressed badge.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 months later...

There should be a law requiring reproducers of historical items to mark it as such, and we would all be better off. That way we could have a healthy market for fakes as fakes and originals as originals. I've recentl found out a few badges were all fakes, casts of originals so all the details matched to the amatue eye. A marking would end all this thievery.

My two cents,

Pat

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...