News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Suvorov

Hi Khyber,

I don?t like this one, but I am no expert on Suvorovs. I only handled one genuine.

Comapre it with the picture.

I don?t like the points around the medaillon. They look crude and not regularly. I don?t like the

brass screwpost. The mint mark looks strange and so on.

Compare it with a picture of a genuine one.

regards

Andreas

Thanks for the comments. I have always assumed this was a copy (it came on a generals dress uniform I acquired). I was looking at a New York dealers web site today and there was a Suvorov 3rd with a close S/N that looked a lot like this one. Mine has been worn and polished and the enamel is gone. I do not like the look of the screw post but I can not see a lot of difference between it and pictures of later issued "certified" ones. I was interested in what other eyes could see.

Ron

Edited by Khyber

This Suvorov was made from real order using high-pressure cast technology. First you have to take nice and precise impression from a real order. They use impression materials similar to those used in dentistry. The liquid metal forced to those impressions under very high pressure, so even small details reflected on the future surface of fake order. You can clearly see, that mint mark has original shape and even serial number has original handwriting pattern.

About the obverse. Nose on Suvorov's face is OK. Late variation of Suvorov (appr. after 10.200) have this shape of nose. BTW, he looks like Putin little bit.

Edited by Mondvor

Is 10.439 a fake ? The reverse looks very good.

regards

Andreas

Andreas, Suvorov 10.439 is real. But if you compare serial numbers of this order and serial number of the fake order posted earlier by Khyber you'll see something interesting.

Andreas, Suvorov 10.439 is real. But if you compare serial numbers of this order and serial number of the fake order posted earlier by Khyber you'll see something interesting.

Andrei,

How can you explain such a copy? Do you know the history of the real one? Did the fakers have the possibility to cast it?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

Andrei,

How can you explain such a copy? Do you know the history of the real one? Did the fakers have the possibility to cast it?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

This real Suvorov 3rd class was for sale in Russia several month ago. Unfortunately I have no idea who bought it. Probably the new owner made impressions from a real piece to produce a copy. Or it could be previous owner. Or a dealer in between them. Who knows... :unsure:

When I am able to obtain the Suvorov, Nevsky, etc. I would want a copy for display and the genuine in a security box in the bank vault.

:beer: Doc

Doc, this idea make sense. Many collectors doing this way. But this very copy of Suvorov was made for different reason. As far as I understand it was on sale...