News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I thought I'd post another unique item I purchased today. It is what I believe to be, an Imperial German regimental watch fob. Those in the know the floor is your's. Has anyone ever heard of Franz von Stromer or his unit? I thank you in advance for your expertise. :beer:

Regards,

Joel

It's not Franz von Str?mer, it's von Franz Str?mer or from Franz Str?mer. The "s./1. Kam." your dear comrad. So Franz has given this as a gift to someone else. I am not sure what the heraldic crest represents. It could be a city crest.

Chip

Edited by Chip

Gentlemen,

I thank you you both for your research. It certainly makes sense on both accounts. It is a higher quality piece that is stamped 800 on all the metal attachments and would more suitably signify a gift . Tom, it certainly without a doubt looks to be a Zipfel. Anyone else want to give it a go as to what the crest and soldier attachments represent? I thank you again for your time and interest.

Regards,

Joel

Edited by buellmeister

• 3 months later...

Tom,

Yours is one of the best examples that I have seen. It is nice to see a complete ensemble. I have been trying to put one together from the various parts.

Chip

The watch and case came together, but I performed the marriage service for the fob :rolleyes: