News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Cold War Wings

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Looking extremely rumpled in a M1949 "zoot suit" that appears to be several sizes too big for him-- note dress uniform tabs and field service boards-- Lieutenant Nikolai Petrovich Vyalkov's M1950 navigator/bombardier wings are so reflective that class cannot be determined. Unit 21458, undated:

He's wearing the 1948 armed forces jubilee medal.

Guest Rick Research

Reference above is to a Soviet pattern but NON-Soviet wing we saw at the show. Nope. No clues.

I've rescanned those horrible :speechless1: old scans of the military pilot's ID. THESE are better. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

And the two 3rd Classes compared. I really like that sky blue enamel, and don't know why the nicest looking badges were the lowest class! :speechless:

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: And (aside from his typically WRONGLY worn medals-- ?10, 15, 1968, 1965, 1958 :speechless: ) note---

he is the last living person with

:speechless1::speechless1: a HITLER mustache!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...