News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Non-combatant medalbar from Mecklenburg

Now I have all award rolls from Mecklenburg-Schwerin and it was very easy to get it. I was spocken with the director from the archiv and later all doors was open for me. :P

I told him, I try to write a book about the orders and medals from Mecklenburg-Schwerin and the rest was very simple. But it was not so cheap. I payed more then 1500 Euros for all copies. I Schwerin and other cities in Mecklenburg you can find a lot of interesting papers and documents.

Sorry for my bad english.

This is GREAT NEWS!!!! :jumping::jumping:

Any chance we can get copies of the copies or that you will publish any rolls?

CONGRATULTIONS on identifying the bar! :jumping::jumping:

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

EXCELLENT news!

I have only some of the Mecklenburg Griffin Order rolls-- VERY messy and difficult to deal with... so I put them on the bottom of my pile of things to work on! :speechless1::rolleyes:

I think you should contact Daniel Krause here and then

begin the ENDLESS process of reading terrible elderly clerks' handwrting and typing them up. Typing, typing, typing.... agggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

But oh,

the joy and the satisfaction when you reach the end and tell your computer (after saving everything over and over and over on as many different floppy disks, zip drives, hard drive and printing out hard copies of whatever so that you will not lose EVERYTHING if something horrble happens!!!)

of hitting "sort alphabetically"

and being able to USE all those rolls.

Have you got the MVK rolls from 1914-24? I hope to God they are better than the miserable garbage that the insane drunken geriatric madman who kept Mecklenburg-Strelitz's wartime roll did. :speechless1::banger::violent:

My advice would be to do the wartime awards first, since that will have the greatest demand. If you have ALL the MVK rolls from 1848, 1864, 1877 and the colonial campaigns, that might make a good volume all by itself.

If you try to get ALL the rolls in ONE volume it will be too big and too expensive for most people to buy. Talk to Daniel in Potsdam.

Hello Guys,

the biggest part to bring all awardrolls in my laptop is already done. I wrote together with my wife a form with all decorations from Mecklenburg-Schwerin inside. Now I can check out very easy for identification, then you have a medalbar with minimum 2, better 3 or more decorations from Mecklenburg-Schwerin.

This is the reason why I find out a name for some medalbars in my own collection and for some friends in germany. :jumping:

• 1 year later...

This medalbar is small but nice, very rare and 100% Mecklenburg!

According to the awards, the men must be a guard in a camp for prisoners of war. In Mecklenburg we got 2 camps. One in Parchim and the other one close to G?strow. I checked the rolls and I found out that a lot of guards received the Militairy Merite Cross for non-combattants.

Seeheld, great job and wonderfull bars. I am in the process of the Meck-Sch Staat and Hof books from 1913 and 1916. I will be scanning theses to CD. I am posting a bar with the MMV2 NK. Maybe you can find him?