News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

555th PIB Group

PKeating

I thought some of you might be interested in some snapshots of a group to an African-American paratrooper who served with the 555th Parachute Infantry Battalion, nicknamed The Triple Nickles. James L Mayer was a baseball player - and sometime boxer - who volunteered for the 555th in 1944. Sorry about the small size.

PK

Another. One of the press clippings refers to the 555th being invited to march in victory parades with the 82nd by General James Gavin, who did more than many to end segregation in the US Army.

Edited by PKeating

• 2 weeks later...

PK,

I am very fortunate to have two groupings belonging to Tuskegee Airmen.

Flight Officer William Powell Jr., 99th Pursuit Squadron, 477th Composite Wing. Material

consists of the following:

Class A uniform (pinks and greens) complete with all insignia

Flight Suit, flight helmet w/goggles and oxygen mask

A-2 Jacket with 99th ins.

B-4 bag

Parachute w/kit bag

wide range of documents, photos, dog tags, extra insignia, etc.

Very large assortment of manuals, documents, and paper work

Tuskegee Graducation Award signed on back by all members of the graduation class

Major Leonard F. Turner, 301st Fighter Squadron, 332 Fighter Group, 15th AAF. Material

consists of the following:

All his medals, ribbon bars, wings, documents, overseas cap, 1944 Tuskegee Class book

Also have uniforms of black service men of other services.

Hope this helps. Jack Angolia

Prosper,

Thank you for sharing that great grouping!!! This is the first such set I have seen :beer:

Jack,

I would love to see those uniforms sometime...

Hopefully the increasing interest will bring many of these forgotten heros to light for the recognition they deserve before they are all gone...