News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

CHINESE SILVER MEDAL

While I can't recall anything remotely like in in the two books I use, shall look again, but I also cannot read the language. Frankly, this think feels all wrong, from the general motif to the suspender, but Chinese ODMs always hold surprises! Still, it looks like an "EBay Special" to me!

Hello, I just wanted to see if anyone knows what kind of medalit is.

Back of the medal is hollow and has some chinese encription.[attachmentid=53660]

Hi, I am 99% sure this is a fake because the suspension like this one is definitely a fake! The medal looks like a Mao badge, but Mao badge never has a suspension! :(

Hi, I am 99% sure this is a fake because the suspension like this one is definitely a fake! The medal looks like a Mao badge, but Mao badge never has a suspension! :(

My thoughts exactly. An unenameled (unfinished?) Mao badge mounted up for eBay consumption?

I love Mao badges in their own right, but . . . :angry:

Somehere, at the core, may be something that was once real. But, as far I am concerned, this present misbegotten concoction has the distinctive odor of a 30,000-year-old "1,000-year-old" egg.

IPB Image

Just my RMB 10.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

So, this is a genuine medal/badge?!! :unsure:

:beer: Doc

I don't mean it is genuine. The suspension was used for a campion medal and some provincial labor model medals in 1950s as far as I know. But I haven't see any so called "Mao badges" using this kind of suspension.

By the way, even if it is genuine, it usually doesn't worth much. 10 RMB maybe enough, as ED said. The Chinese order collectors are interested in three kinds of orders, each have 3 classes, which awarded in 1955 as PLA stared to carry out its millitary rank system and were designed and manufactured in Soviet Russia. Those three kind of orders are: Order of August 1st, Order of Independence and Freedom and Order of Liberation. The cheapest kind Order of Liberation, 3rd, is worth thousands of RMBs at the monent.

Edited by knightcat129

• 3 weeks later...

Just on the surface of it, any medal showing Jiang Ji?sh? (a.k.a. Chiang Kai-shek) and hung from the CLASSIC fake PRC medal suspension just smells bad from the first glance. A medal like this could get you killed BOTH in China and on Taiwan if you wore it?

Smells of more eBay GARBAGE.

Just on the surface of it, any medal showing Jiang Ji?sh? (a.k.a. Chiang Kai-shek) and hung from the CLASSIC fake PRC medal suspension just smells bad from the first glance. A medal like this could get you killed BOTH in China and on Taiwan if you wore it?

Smells of more eBay GARBAGE.

Thats exactly why I'm not going to visit these countries while wearing this "medal" :rolleyes::cheers: