News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Green case for 1939 EK1!

• 2 weeks later...

Was there a cross with it Micha?

I've seen and had a few of these green EKI cases and the majority of them contained a K&Q cross.

In fact looking through my records of 65 cased EKI's that I have owned most are in that style of case.It seems I have owned 14 cased K&Q EKI's with 8 being black cased,4 green cased and 2 in the D&B black domed case.

I have never had another maker of cross in a green case.

Just my observation of course,might be different for somebody else :blush:

Well these green cases are certainly less often encountered but as for rare........no, not really in the literal sense; you can find them but they are few and far between to purchase, but I know of many in collections of course (well into the double figures)

Not splitting hairs, but the term rare for an EK 1 case only really would summount to a few versions at that, in my opinion of course (not including private purchase elaborations). There are variations of more common Ldo marked sorts and the 'generic' style EK cases that are even less frequently observed than the green cases - going into specific's of base, liner etc and the combinations we find (namely the materials used really)

Zimmermann - does prevail in the green case stakes and a couple at that do indeed have outer cartons with them: marked Zimmerman.

Kr

Marcus