News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

Just received this photo. I think (I'm not sure) it is from one captain of I.R. Nr. 72. The back of the photo give the name of the photograph (K. Festge Erfurt). So it explain the SE2X on second place (the captain belonged first to I.R. Nr. 71 before its transfer to I.R. Nr. 72)

Have a look of the medal bar : EK2, SE2X, EH3aX, BO4X

Christophe

Christophe,

I like the fact that the image shows that not every officer had the time or money to have a "nice" medal bar made, but often simply added single awards to a medal bar combination.

I wonder how many of the bars that are in collections today show only part of what a soldier was awarded.

/David

Guest Rick Research

Another example. This elderly "Mister Chips" type never added his wartime ribboned awards to his pre-war medal bar at all, just wearing his Commander grade Austro-Hungarian Franz Joseph Order on War Ribbon (interesting "status" contrast with their Red Cross decoration!) and his pin backs...

[attachmentid=4290]

the world's oldest Freikorpsk?mpfer!

[attachmentid=4291]

I've never been able to identify HIM, either, despite the probably unique peacetime awards and dR/dL XX Years. sad.gif