News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A high-decorated North Korea 2nd Lieutenant Service Tunic

reichsrommel

Hi. Any way you could post closer shots of these as many of the stars look alot alike.

But WOW... terrific collection just on that one tunic! :beer: And talk about back pain! OUCH! The original owner must have had a full time chiropractor standing by at all times. That's alot of metal there. :P

Dan :cheers:

Hi, Dan

I haven't taken the collar shot. But I have a beautiful North Korean female 2nd lieutenant, her collar tabs is the same

Tang Si

Hi Tang Si,

Hey... don't tell my wife I said this but that's one North Korean 2nd Lt. who can conquer me anytime! :P:beer: Very attractive to say the least. I think if they all looked like that we'd be inviting them over... they wouldn't have to worry about invading! But I guess there would have to be some hunky guys for our women over here as well... gotta keep them happy too! :jumping::jumping:

Needless to say... I love :love: those collar tabs! Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Dan

Hi Tang Si,

Hey... don't tell my wife I said this but that's one North Korean 2nd Lt. who can conquer me anytime! :P:beer: Very attractive to say the least. I think if they all looked like that we'd be inviting them over... they wouldn't have to worry about invading! But I guess there would have to be some hunky guys for our women over here as well... gotta keep them happy too! :jumping::jumping:

Needless to say... I love :love: those collar tabs! Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Dan

Hahaha, yes I think she is charming, showing the great communist advantage :cheeky:

Here is one of my collection, a Lieutenant-Colonel collar tabs.

Hahaha, yes I think she is charming, showing the great communist advantage :cheeky:

Here is one of my collection, a Lieutenant-Colonel collar tabs.

Very nice. I really like the yellow, red and silver against the green. Stands out and is very pleasing to the eye. :beer:

Please post more when you have the time. I know little about North Korean militaria but as with all things I'm open to learning as much as I can. :beer:

Oh, a question if you don't mind. I once saw what I thought was a neck order (no ribbon) which I have never been able to identify. It's been many years but I believe it had a bit of a red star design... but the one thing I distinctly remember is that it had a representation of what I believe was a North Korean soldier with the old style peaked field cap from the 50's (Korean War period)... similar to that worn by the soldier shown on the Order of Soldier's Honor.

Does this sound at all familiar to you? Did North Korea have any neck orders/decorations around that time? If not, might you have any idea what it was? I'd probably know it if I saw it again but so far I've not been able to find it anywhere I've looked on the web.

It's something that's been driving me nuts all these years. I had nearly made a deal for it but suddenly the owner decided to hold off until he found out more about it. I don't know if I lost a really good deal or something fairly common.

Again not even positive it was North Korean but the look of the soldier and especially the cap he was wearing looked very much like it was North Korean in origin.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Or put it another way, if a 2nd Lt really is entitled to all that then they are pretty meaningless in terms of what they signify. Also, they must be extremely plentiful so you can expect a nice plunge in prices once the barriers come down !

Nice thought, Paul! :P:beer:

Hi, All

Thanks for your watching about my thread. In fact, this medals and orders I placed on the tunic is just a fun, I bought this tunic and other orders seperately, and I place them together.

BUT, according to the resources we have, we can conclude that the man who had been awarded can transfer orders to his son who also is serving in the army after die. But there is no North Korea official document confirm it. So it can explain this situation.

Dan, I will find the answer for you.

Tang Si

BUT, according to the resources we have, we can conclude that the man who had been awarded can transfer orders to his son who also is serving in the army after die. But there is no North Korea official document confirm it. So it can explain this situation.

Very interesting, Tang Tongzi. But can they be worn? Does that transfer financial and other benefits (whatever they may be?) or does that transfer a right to wear? I really doubt it is the latter. Add that to the long list of things we don't know about DPRK awards? And, of course, until this practice is documented (what IS the evidence?), we can' say or assume anything, and it may just fall into the same legally and ethically gray category as Australians wearing grand-dad's gongs on Anzac Day?

:beer:

But isn't "the situation" here simply that you put these awards onto the tunic?? :P;)

Nice eye-candy, zero history.