News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

First World War postcards

Eduardo

• Replies 316
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan, I have only one left of the parade and i'll post it now. If you want I could do an enlargement of the flags part of the previous card.The last postcard of the parade showws the British troops.

Hi Eduardo,

That would be great if not too much trouble. I'd not want to put you out. But if you have the time and wouldn't mind, and assuming the flags show up clear enough to show a bit more detail that would be fantastic.

Thanks much! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

No problem Dan, Here are 3 scans I made. Hope they are usefull.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Fantastic. Lots more detail. :beer: How about the ones in posts # 82, 83, 84, 89, 97 and 99? Those last two in particular would be of great interest.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Dan, The French flag has already been posted as N? 19. It is in Poruguese and has no indication of the printer it says: "As bandeiras francezas, - A bandeira do 51? regimento da linha. I guess it needs no translation. If you need details please let me know.

Eduardo

Dan, I think this is the last one missing. The flag of the Fusilliers Marins (82). It is a pretty picture of the flag and the oficer carrying it.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Very nice one! Shows that finial a bit better as well. Many thanks!!!! :jumping::jumping:

Dan, The French flag has already been posted as N? 19. It is in Poruguese and has no indication of the printer it says: "As bandeiras francezas, - A bandeira do 51? regimento da linha. I guess it needs no translation. If you need details please let me know.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Sorry bout that... my brain has been steadily melting down all week. Sure hope things start to kick into gear soon. I'm feeling much better on some levels but brain wise is not one of them. Everything seems to overwhelm me and that's not normal for me.

This is a detailed view of the flag of the 51th Regiment of the French Army. The complete post card has been presented in post N? 19 . Hope it is usefull.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Many thanks! :beer: I've got Kim working on the Avatar by the way. :D

• 1 month later...

The following are two postcards published by J. Courcier of Paris. and send by Eugene Bonin to his sons. One dated 29 mai 1918 is addressed to "Mon chere petit Fanfan" and the second one dated 5 juin 1918 to "Mon chere petit Toto". E Bonin was in the 48th Batallion, 5th. Cie. as stated in the cards. The delicate colors used to paint the cards make them even more interesting (maybe they have just faded)

I would apreciate iny information on the second one "Devant Arras. Le dernier coup de l'etrier de Guillaume avant de faire demi tour" Will this Guillaume be Kaiser Wilhelm in the car having his last drink before turning back?.

Eduardo

After several days of fighting from the 2 to the 6 of June 1916 and no more water to drink, the brave Commandat Reynal had to raise the white flag and surrender the fort of Vaux, near Verdun.. His sword was given back to him by the Crown Prince and he received postumous high honors for his heroic defence.

Here I post 3 views fo Vaux the first one is the fortifications, the second a detail of the forts after the war and the third a view of the village and pond of Vaux totally destroyed.