News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Chris,

the only known (to me) address is this:

http://www.lhd-shop.de/AssortmentEntrance.lhd?current=02

It is the shop for the German soldiers. If you search for "Orden" you`ll find the section, where they are offering orders and decorations. Here you`ll find also a mounting service for a "Gro?e Ordensspange".

On my last call to them in 2003, the right man for orders was Mr. Konen. You should try a call and perhaps he is still working in that section. He told me that you can send in broken Spangen and they look if they can repair them - but you have no guarantee!

They do the mounting not by themselves, but send it to another firm.

I also tryed Albrecht Bender in Bavaria, but they do not sell to private customers :(

And I phoned to some firms who sell "Sch?tzenbedarf" - but without success :speechless:

So if you know someone else, please let me also know!

greetings

eitze

Chris,

Here is a firm that does it in the UK. I have not used them for mounting but have found ribbon through them. Look at this link.

http://www.worldmedals.co.uk/Rib/rem.htm

They state they have discontinued the mounting service but it can give you an idea as to pricing. And who knows? They may be willing to help anyway. I do restorations (not fakes!) and can give you examples of my work but without existing bars and parts, it is more difficult. Steve

World Medal did a great job. He made my von Richthofen ordenspange which is pictured on his site. He also mounted some others for me for different projects. This subject really gets folks fired up because everyone is quick to think you are trying to defraud someone. For me it made my collections of medals that individuals would have owned more interesting. No different than Neil O'Connor's "Famous Chest" groups.

I'd still like to know who can do this. I think it is a needed service.