News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Tips for Beginners

This is a very intresting thread,i wish Ihad known some of this when I started out :beer:

there is ANY way to do so, a beginning collector should develop some degree of ability in the Russian language.

Very well Said Ed :jumping:

I am curently learning Russian and using awad cards, to practice a) Handwriting b) Numbers :cheeky:

A good refference for any one wanting to learn Russian is www.ruslan.co.uk, they have a great range of teaching aids ;)

But as Iam starting a DDR collection as well I might have to start learning German as well :speechless:

Order of Victory

I am curently learning Russian and using awad cards, to practice a) Handwriting b) Numbers

A good refference for any one wanting to learn Russian is www.ruslan.co.uk, they have a great range of teaching aids

But as Iam starting a DDR collection as well I might have to start learning German as well :speechless:

Order of Victory

order_of_victory

Good for you. Even a very basic knowledge of the alphabet and key words will help to make a lot more sense of what would otherwise remain research by proxy or, at worst, sometimes lead to missing minor details that might be very important.

Don't be put off by the Cyrillic alphabet, it really isn't that difficult to grasp and the inscriptions on awards are fairly self-explanatory.

German isn't too hard, either. When you have acquired an understanding of the language and covered the basic DDR awards, you can start on learning French and cover French and Belgian awards in one go.

:beer:

David

• 2 weeks later...