News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am thinking of bidding on the bar but before I do I would like some assistance. Is this a good item or fake? The combination seems possible as most of the ribbons seem to be from Mecklenburg. I can ID a few.

1. EK

2. ?

3. Griffin with crown

4. Red eagle order

5. ?

6. ? (M-S long service)

7. Centennial

Can soemone help with the ribbon ID? What regiments were from Mecklenburg? Any quess on the rank? I would say Hauptman or above.

Darn, that really sucks! No I did not get it.

Hallo Paul, David :beer:

Just my 10 Bani's worth but does the back of this bar look similar in style to some of the well known fakes listed on that particular thread, i.e. in particular the small piece of backing felt and style of stitching??

Kevin in Deva :beer:

What regiments were from Mecklenburg?

Paul,

I know the bar is no longer in your sights, but I thought I'd try to answer this part of your questions.

According to the info I have, the regiments belonging to the two Mecklenburg grand duchies in 1914 were:

1. Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches Grenadier-Regiment Nr.89

1. Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches F?silier-Regiment Kaiser Wilhelm Nr.90

Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches J?ger-Bataillon Nr.14

1. Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches Dragoner-Regiment Nr.17

2. Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches Dragoner-Regiment Nr.18

Gro?herzoglich-Mecklenburgisches Feld-Artillerie-Regiment Nr.60

Paul,

I know the bar is no longer in your sights, but I thought I'd try to answer this part of your questions.

According to the info I have, the regiments belonging to the two Mecklenburg grand duchies in 1914 were:

1. Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches Grenadier-Regiment Nr.89

1. Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches F?silier-Regiment Kaiser Wilhelm Nr.90

Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches J?ger-Bataillon Nr.14

1. Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches Dragoner-Regiment Nr.17

2. Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches Dragoner-Regiment Nr.18

Gro?herzoglich-Mecklenburgisches Feld-Artillerie-Regiment Nr.60

Agree on the fakeness. On the Mecklenburgers, also add, among others:

• Brigade-Ersatz-Bataillon Nr. 34, later II./Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 362, later I/Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 273
    • III/Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 409
    • I/Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 432 (formed from 2.Landsturm-Infanterie-Bataillon Schwerin IX/2)
    • III/Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 463
    • Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 90
    • Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 214 (except for III/RIR 214, which was from L?beck and Schleswig-Holstein)
    • Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 76 (except for III/LIR 76)
    • Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 386
    • III/Landsturm-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 37 (formed from 1.Landsturm-Infanterie-Bataillon Neustrelitz IX/4
    • Reserve-J?ger-Bataillon Nr. 14

Also included are elements of other units, such as Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 187 (one of its companies came from GrenR 89), and Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 265 and Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 266, both of which were raised in the corps area that included the grand duchies, but were probably more drawn from the more densely populated Hamburg/Bremen areas and Schleswig-Holstein. Half of Reserve-Brigade-Ersatz-Bataillon Nr. 36, which later became III/Reserve-Ersatz-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 4, was drawn from RIR 90's Ersatz-Bataillon.

I suspect, given the two grand duchies populations, many of these units, regular and non-regular, relied on non-Mecklenburgers more and more as the war progressed, though notionally they were sponsored or formed by Mecklenburg units.