News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mystery Document!

fjcp

Back to topic (I suspect whoever got Alexei's various goodies will post their new guests here when they arrive, I know I'll post what I got when I get it -- we are starting to sound like our German-collecting cousins whining about Detlev's updates?! -- the last I saw, he still had the nicest thing and best buy on his update, the interior ministry badge) . . .

Document 2

(Can we number these for ease in reference whan we have a clue what they are and say.)

Starting with mysterious things in bichig.

There's one somewhat similar to this one on eBay right now. May be a path to get some answers.

MONGOLIAN PRELIMINARY OFFICER CERTIFICATE. Item number: 190045580522

There's one somewhat similar to this one on eBay right now. May be a path to get some answers.

MONGOLIAN PRELIMINARY OFFICER CERTIFICATE. Item number: 190045580522

Thanks! Another forum denizen had already mentioned it to me. A hint, for sure.

• 1 month later...

Well, here we go.

As some of you may know I just got the Bawden Mongolian-English dictionary, and I've started trying to identify and translate some of the mystery documents we have here.

I think I should start with a disclaimer:

Mongolian is tricky, I know very little about the grammar and trying to translate with just a dictionary just isn't good enough.

Still gonna try though! :P

Once I figured out the words I put them in an order that would make sense in English.

They do not correspond exactly to the words that they are written above.

If desired I will post what each word means exactly but for now I hope this will do.

I decided to start with Ed's mystery document #7 and work my way back.

Any corrections or additions are more than welcome!

JC