News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

These arrived recently and I have a suspicion that although all components appear genuine, they may be "put together" bars. I have been reading the weekly fake updates but did not notice these ones there. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Keep in mind that I am just an amatuer, but I like the top bar. It appears to me that all of the ribbons have aged together.

I dont like the lower one. The Austrian ribbons seem a bit dirter than the Westwall and they are out of order, big time.

Lets here what the ribbonbar Meisters have to say!

Keep in mind that I am just an amatuer, but I like the top bar. It appears to me that all of the ribbons have aged together.

I dont like the lower one. The Austrian ribbons seem a bit dirter than the Westwall and they are out of order, big time.

Lets here what the ribbonbar Meisters have to say!

Hallo Gents :beer:

Also note the little tabs to the rear in the lower bar are very shiny compared to the top one, possibly a sign of them being recently worked on!!

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Hi Rick,

I am happy to learn that they may indeed be good bars. From memory these two, along with a couple of doubles and a couple of single, cost about 40 Euro, so if the news was bad on the bigger bars it would not have been an expensive lesson.

What would be the correct order or precedence for the Austrian bar?

A good point was made re the two TR ribbons looking much newer than the 4 WW1 related ribbons. Was period "upgrading" common - or indeed likely? ie - an Austrian vet with his used 4-place bar goes to his local medal mouting jeweller post-41 and asks for his 2 new TR awards added - would the jeweller be likely to take the "tabbies" off his old 4-place setup and re-use the same ribbons on a "new" 6-place or simply issue a new bar with all new ribbons? I guess the vets finances would come into it.

Re the device missing from the Saxon bar, would it be a 1914EK or a 1939 Spange device? Is it possible that this well decorated WW1 combat vet retired to civil life and was too old (or injured) for regular call-up, hence the 25 yr faithful service and a correct KVK without swords? Saxon's seemed to like EK devices on their bars, hence the question.

Just curious!

Regards

Mike

PS: Rick, sending you a PM.