News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What is so special with this Order of the Red Banner of Labor?

I contacted the seller and he says that he can't pull an item 12 hours before end of auction. He also states that the top bidder has requested closer pics of the s/n and increased his bid. right now, the bid is at $ 162.50. I'm glad it's not my money.

:beer: Doc

I contacted the seller and he says that he can't pull an item 12 hours before end of auction. He also states that the top bidder has requested closer pics of the s/n and increased his bid. right now, the bid is at $ 162.50. I'm glad it's not my money.

Here is the sellers last response to me:

"Doc, You speak the same language that I do. If you would do me the favor of posting on whatever forum that I responded to you immediately, contacted the high bidder and would have corrected the posting if information had been brought to my attention .... I always welcome comments, but they are most useful early in the process when items can still be pulled. Thank you and God bless you, Nicholas"

Not all Ebayers are bad.

I still don't get it. What is so reassuring?

I find it reassuring to hear some stories about people doing the right thing on Ebay. Most stories consist of nightmare scenerios of scam artists and rudeness.

Regards

Paul

Question:

I usually have a keen eye for detail I am baffled. At first glance the obverse of this order looks like any other T6V2 Order of Red Banner of Labour and I would have no reason to doubt it. The reverse appears to have a serial number preceeded by a zero and a rivet that I do not particularly like. I would not have put my money on it. But I still see nothing fundamentally wrong with this order given the quality of the obverse. I see the seller has by and large given a proper description of the order (unless the description was changed) and it appears he has not made any attempt to capitalise on the 'unusual' serial number.

I confess myself baffled. What am I missing??

Jim

It's an ORBL. I thought that the zero at the front of the s/n was added. I hadn't seen this serial number range starting with zero and feared it was an altered s/n. I was SOOOOOOOOO wrong. I had contacted the seller about it. fortunately so did Marc. All is okay with the seller but I'm still kicking myself over it.

:blush: Doc

It's an ORBL. I thought that the zero at the front of the s/n was added. I hadn't seen this serial number range starting with zero and feared it was an altered s/n. I was SOOOOOOOOO wrong. I had contacted the seller about it. fortunately so did Marc. All is okay with the seller but I'm still kicking myself over it.

:blush: Doc

Woops Doc,

I meant ORBL, I was not contrasting, I still cant belive how much its worth :speechless:

Order of Victory

I thought that the obverse looked ok! ;) As I said, nothing fundamentally wrong with the medal especially going off the obverse... sloppy for the lower star rivet happens.

I cannot say that I have seen the serial number starting with "0" before so that's something new for me. I personally still would not pay more that $40-$45 max for any T6V2 without a booklet on the best of days as its just a serial number that is different and its not a variation or subvariation in itself. Not up my alley and honestly, its something very easy to fake (like cyrillic 'D' marks).

As far as this auction, I am glad the seller did conclude his sale in spite of the best meant attempts (Mike ;))especially given the price he manegd to get! But assuing that there was someting wrong with the serial number I still think that the seller was correct in his description without trying in anyway to capitalise on an unusual the serial number (like some try to do on the tank tracks of the "For Bravery" Medal!). I personally would not have seen any reason to ask him to alter the decription or remove the auction. Entirely in his defence.

My opinion - even if a serial number is altered (which could completely throw off any research attempts) its really just as bad as the serial number being scratched out. The ODM will be valued less by some than by others but if its an original ODM, like all others it would still be looking for a loving home where it can be treasured.

Regards,

Jim

I find it reassuring to hear some stories about people doing the right thing on Ebay. Most stories consist of nightmare scenerios of scam artists and rudeness.

Regards

Paul

Not all eBay sellers are bad. I've been on eBay since 1995 (selling and buying) and have yet to be a scam artist or rude (or at least not rude to anyone that didn't deserve it.....) :cheeky:

A friend of mine asks.... "$180 for an ORBL!!! Is the world going crazy?"

Erm.... I say "YES!!" ...even given the case of the additional "0"

Your opinions now that we all know about the rogue serial numbers ???

Jim