News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Public exhibition

ksg

UN items and Norwegian UN soldiers from 60?s -70?s

[attachmentid=63329]

Hallo ksg :beer: with regards post Number 26, the badges on the board, specificaly, 4, 5, 7 top row,

3, & 4, second row, and number 1 on the fourth row, also 6 (Holland?) and 7 on the bottom row.

And the first helmet on the left.

All are possibly connected with the UNIFIL United Nations Interim Force In Lebanon. 1978 - 2000.

Top row:

4. = Norway of course, NORMAINCOY, Norway Maintainance Company :beer:

5. = United Nations and would be worn on the opposite shoulder, to the wearers country of origin flash.

As well as on the baseball style cap issued to UN troops.

7. = possibly SWEDMEDCOY, Sweden Medical Company of UNIFIL.

Second Row:

3. = IRISHBATT. Irish Battalion. as worn by me in the 46th Irish Battalion.

4. = Another variant of 5 in top row.

5. = ITALY as worn by ITALIAIR in UNIFIL. Italiair flew UN choppers from UNIFIL HQ at Nacoura, on the

Lebenese coast.

Third Row:

1. = NIBATT. Nigerian Battalion of UNIFIL.

Bottom Row:

6. = DUTCHBATT. Dutch Battalion of UNIFIL.

7. = GHANBATT. Ghanian Battalion of UNIFIL.

The first helmet on the left would also be very familiar to members of UNIFIL, more often than not the plastic insert was painted blue and worn on checkpoints and sentry duty, of course the plastic shell offered no ballistic protection whatever :o

Thanks for posting this picture it brings back some memories of a misspent youth :cheers::cheeky:

Kevin in Deva, ex member of UNIFIL :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Awesome is correct :jumping:

Love the silenced stens in #9 :love::love:

Hi David

Glad you liked them. One of the STENs is very special, the one whit the pistol grip. It?s one of about 200 made in Norway and ne of the few I have seen silenced. The Norwegian STEN is one of the few weapons you can apply for to keep on fully automatic, if you are a collector. The rest are converted to semi automatic.

Kjell

Hallo ksg :beer: with regards post Number 26, the badges on the board, specificaly, 4, 5, 7 top row,

3, & 4, second row, and number 1 on the fourth row, also 6 (Holland?) and 7 on the bottom row.

And the first helmet on the left.

All are possibly connected with the UNIFIL United Nations Interim Force In Lebanon. 1973 - 2000.

Top row:

4. = Norway of course, NORMAINCOY, Norway Maintainance Company :beer:

5. = United Nations and would be worn on the opposite shoulder, to the wearers country of origin flash.

As well as on the baseball style cap issued to UN troops.

7. = possibly SWEDMEDCOY, Sweden Medical Company of UNIFIL.

Second Row:

3. = IRISHBATT. Irish Battalion. as worn by me in the 46th Irish Battalion.

4. = Another variant of 5 in top row.

5. = ITALY as worn by ITALIAIR in UNIFIL. Italiair flew UN choppers from UNIFIL HQ at Nacoura, on the

Lebenese coast.

Third Row:

1. = NIBATT. Nigerian Battalion of UNIFIL.

Bottom Row:

6. = DUTCHBATT. Dutch Battalion of UNIFIL.

7. = GHANBATT. Ghanian Battalion of UNIFIL.

The first helmet on the left would also be very familiar to members of UNIFIL, more often than not the plastic insert was painted blue and worn on checkpoints and sentry duty, of course the plastic shell offered no ballistic protection whatever :o

Thanks for posting this picture it brings back some memories of a misspent youth :cheers::cheeky:

Kevin in Deva, ex member of UNIFIL :beer:

Hi Kevin

Glad you liked the posting, and thanks for the additional and detailed information !!

Kjell

• 8 months later...

I would loved to had been there, I bet everyone had a Blast! Butch

It was fun! I also think the people viewing the exhibition fun. We had a lot of visitors, from small children ( who were allowed to play whit a 50. cal??Browning and a Russian Maxim, not shown in the pictures) to old Resistance?Movement veterans.

Kjell

What an excellent idea to share your passion with the local community like that.

Did you get any more enthusiasts?

We got a lot of compliments from friends, wife's and girlfriends. People which have been looking at this kind of collecting as a bit weird. They showed up just to be supportive but quit a few changed their opinion. I think was thanks to the diversity in the exhibition.

I?m not sure if we will get new member due to this, but the public opinion was worth it. We also got a nice article in the local newspaper.

Kjell

wow, love the Unifoms, also the arm patch on one of them is a very rare one in "black"..

greg

You would love the rest of his collection!! Probably the biggest one in Norway on the subject. Things you wont?t find in any museum, and most of it whit a name and history.

Kjell