News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Interesting picture Francois, thank you for showing that one.

As you might know Luftwaffe units where during 1944 (for example: Luftlande related) quite often used in fighting what where called Partisans, for example in Serbia personel of Luftlande units where involved in bombing missions, etc ..... => a kind of fire police at the spot.

However in this case we will probably never know how he did qualify :rolleyes:

Cordial greetings,

Hi Francois,

Is there something you don't have :speechless: , :cheeky:

I like that picture very much because of the fact that it looks like that the otehr officer is really interested in that particular award (Anti-Partisans badge) , he is even touching it as it seems !!

Once a older German collector did tell me, never say never => this is once again such a strange combination that it is real fun and im sure iff the documents of this officer would appear quite a few would all to easely say = Fake !!!

Cordial greetings,

Guest Brian von Etzel

Quiet rare to see a flying (probably reco.) officer of the LW with the bandenkampfabzeichen (looks silver to me)

Very nice, a first for me. Makes perfect sense. Air support.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great thread. I did not know that the Luftwaffe played a huge part in the Antipartisan effort. I would think that it would be difficult, unless hitting a certain target, for the Luftwaffe to be involved. Unless.. the LW men were used in a field role? What was the award criteria for this badge?