News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fancy Rings

• 3 weeks later...

I believe this to be the design called a "Jerusalem Cross" ring, associated with the Crusaders. It was found by a friend outside the ruins of a 12th century church in the Balkans which was said to have been a stop-over for Crusaders going back and forth from Europe to the Holy Lands. The church, as well as several villages dating back to pre-Roman times, is located on his family's large farm. I found a ring there myself, but not anything like this one.

Chuck

I had this ring made by a jeweler when I became an instructor pilot in the USAF. It's a pair of sterling AAF sweetheart wings mated to a sterling band. It's held up well after nearly 20 years of wear.

Edited by Scott

• 1 month later...

Hallo Gents :cheers:

I will post my jaw-breaker here, picked it up in a "mingy-shop" in South Lebanon back in 1979, its silver, probably a copy of some type of college ring and set with a tigers eye stone (actually a replacement tigers eye, as the original came off bad in an encounter with a drunk's teeth in a bar, back in the days when I was not so "Gentlemanly" enough to turn the other cheek :blush: the guy who replaced the stone was an interesting character ex-French Foreign Legion, who told me he was in from just before Narvik until Dien Bien Phu, sadly now deceased, boy could that old-timer put away the brandy :cheers: (Rest In Peace, Denis).

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

• 3 months later...

Here's my grandfather's officers ring from the Royal Hungarian Ludovika military academy. The year of graduation "1937" is engraved in the ring. It's made in gold with a silver front with the heraldic of the academy.

My grand father wore this ring through the Second World War and his whole life even through the communist regime.

Here's a piece of "Trench-art" made by Hungarian soldiers on the Don front. It's made from an aluminium coin into this ring. The front of the ring says "DON 1942". The Don riverbend was the piece were the Hungarian second army backed up the German eastern frontline between the summer of 1942 until the Soviet breakthrough in January of 1943.

Edited by Peter Nyitray

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 9 months later...

I believe this to be the design called a "Jerusalem Cross" ring, associated with the Crusaders. It was found by a friend outside the ruins of a 12th century church in the Balkans which was said to have been a stop-over for Crusaders going back and forth from Europe to the Holy Lands. The church, as well as several villages dating back to pre-Roman times, is located on his family's large farm. I found a ring there myself, but not anything like this one.

Chuck

Hi Chuck, I would love to own that Jerusalem Ring ... fascinating ... Cheers, Torsten.

• 3 months later...
    • 1 year later...