News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It is a modern fake.

"Monetary" and the surface of a reverser speaks enamel, number, a brand about it.

I have a photo of a semifinished item yet not subjected to ageing. Compare and do conclusions.

Yours faithfully, Maxim.

It is a modern fake.

"Monetary" and the surface of a reverser speaks enamel, number, a brand about it.

I have a photo of a semifinished item yet not subjected to ageing. Compare and do conclusions.

Yours faithfully, Maxim.

Maxim,

Very interesting post. Do you mean this ORB is a fake one that has not been totally "finished" and "aged" ? :speechless1:

Can we see the back ?

If not pb with "touchy" or sensitive topics, how did you get this one ? :rolleyes:

Ch.

To win the enemy - it is necessary to know it to face.

It is a stamp, silver, hot enamel. I ask to pay attention to red enamel - a layer thin, letters on a banner above enamel. Enamel too light owing to small thickness of a layer. A back I can not show as the owner of a thing of the consent does not give. We should be pleased to that these copies are done simply by jewellers, instead of jewellers - collectors.

I can give you excellent advice - visit the Russian forums! :cool:

At many forums there are themes where there is a conversation on modern fakes, reading these themes - you become cleverer.

If you will acquire that knowledge which are given FREE OF CHARGE by the Russian collectors - you should not so often use examination Mac Daniel.

. It is necessary to live the mind! Excuse if the words of whom has offended.

Maxim.

Maxim,

Thanks. I'm sure a lot of interesting readings there. A lot!!!!!... in Russian. And you clear message is the right one : we HAVE to learn the language of the history / items we are interested in... :rolleyes: Clear!!

Cheers.

Ch.

Here to you it is ridiculous, and I write messages at your forum through such translator. Also I read too through the translator.

Knowledge - force. This force will save your money. Therefore it is better to waste time and read through the Russian forums through the translator. Unfortunately I do not know English, differently I would write much and more clearly for you.

Many collectors would like to sell things in a special forum on a site, but for this purpose it is necessary to participate long time in discussions wasting time and not earning money is pushes away overwhelming majority as the majority of the Russian collectors - as well as I do not know English language.

I am sorry about a management of a forum for criticism.

No, you are absolutely correct. Language is a problem, but we make it more of a problem than it needs to be. Thank you for reminding us of the need to reach across linguistic walls!

Нет, Вы абсолютно правильны. Язык - проблема, но мы делаем это большим количеством проблемы, чем это должно быть. Спасибо за то, что напоминать нам о потребности достигать поперек лингвистических стен!

I am using http://www.online-translator.com/ -- is there a better translator?

Я использую http://www.online-translator.com/ - является там лучшим переводчиком?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Both of you are correct.

You are interested in German history : learn German (what I try to do...).

You are interested in Russian history : learn Russian (what I will do...).

You are interested in British History : learn English (What I still need to...)

You are interested in French history : learn French (what I don't need to...).

:rolleyes:

Ch.

Both of you are correct.

You are interested in German history : learn German (what I try to do...).

You are interested in Russian history : learn Russian (what I will do...).

You are interested in British History : learn English (What I still need to...)

You are interested in French history : learn French (what I don't need to...).

:rolleyes:

Ch.

Well have no problem with French or British and Russian is coming along but I dont think my Brain could take German as well :cheeky:

Order of Victory

These days, I have enough trouble maintaining:

English (mother tongue)

Hindi (used to be quite good, still OK)

Urdu (used to be quite good, still OK)

German (used to be quite good, now sub-rusty)

Arabia (rudimentary+)

Mongolian (trying to learn)

Russian (wish I could learn)

But, as you kill off brain cells, :beer: . . . :rolleyes:

But we are, I guess, badly :off topic:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

I use that translator whom you have specified above. It turns out badly. Russian has many words, expressions, combinations, particles - which are not a subject to translation. To me to have to select words, and absolutely another sometimes turns out. :banger:

Agreed.....way off topic.... But translators sadly make us sound like the little green guy from star wars no matter the language!!! So lets all keep trying!!! To all other polyglots out there! :cheers:

Now back to the topic. I have seen that type of ORB on ebay few times before. I recognise the mint mark and the serial number (particular that number "1"). Whereas I used to be more keen on the obverse of red banners to tell a fake from an original, I followed the tips given to me by some other members to instead learn to read the reverse of this particular order (and indeed many others too!). Lentiay in this thread and Mondvor (very strongly) on another thread are right. We have all the means at our disposal to combat fakes in this forum, in literature and on various websites. If only we did it the hard way and used our heads and combined resouurces.....although having said that, I do think that a lot of us out there do!

Jim