News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

How about this for a group!

Yowie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:speechless1::speechless1:

BUT, the group is sadly incomplete, so . . . . :P

Dear "Order of Victory" (you don't have a name :mad: ),

dear Ed,

comarade Ivan Kovalev had been one of the most important figures in the GPW! Railroad transportation was a key issue in WW II!

The group is incomlepte, but contains the two most important awards to comrade Kovalev. Also his Kutuzov 1cl is a very rare variation!

So, I assume, that this imperfect group will find it's buyer ;) .

If I would have the money, I would buy the two awards + booklet.

That's market economy & capitalism :cheeky: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

I wonder how much the family or the vet received out of the $175 k? :rolleyes:

Dear Soviet,

I am sure, that the familiy got a (very) small fraction of the USD 175000 - that's capitalism :angry: .

Christian

BTW: Internet might help, because anyone, how has access to the www, can inform about the actual market prices of vet's medals :cheers: .

Actually, Kovalev became the Minister of Railroad transportation only at the end of 1944. He replaced on this position one of closest Stalin's friends and supporters - Lazar Kaganovich. During the war Kovalev was Kaganovich's deputy. When the war was over, Kovalev was in charge of restoration of the railroad system in Soviet Union.

Actually, Kovalev became the Minister of Railroad transportation only at the end of 1944. He replaced on this position one of closest Stalin's friends and supporters - Lazar Kaganovich. During the war Kovalev was Kaganovich's deputy. When the war was over, Kovalev was in charge of restoration of the railroad system in Soviet Union.

Dear Andrew,

o.k., then comrade Kovalev did the job of railroad transportation ;) .

Our dear comrade Lazar Kaganovic - as a member of Stalin's "Inner Circle" and the "Politbuero" - had a lot of other duties, i.e.: GuLag ;) .

As I pointed it already out, railroad transportation was one of THE key issue in the GPW.

That's the reason, why comrade Kovalev received a Suvorov & Kutuzov 1cl :D .

Christian

BTW: I posted to "usairforce" in terms of his Nakhimov 2cl http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14155 to have a closer look to your website.

The official position for Kovalev in 1941 - 1944 was "Chief of the Central Department of Military Communications" (Начальник Центрального управления военных сообщений). Of course he was mostly in charge of railroad transportation, because it was a key issue for the mobility and turnover of Soviet troops.

About Kaganovich and Gulag... Well, just want to show you a picture taken in mid 1930th. A group of NKVD officers and support technical personnel on the inspection trip looking for a good location to built a new Gulag prisoners camp.